• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Does anyone here use Flexisign Pro? need 2 email original & have it sent back .jpg.

vinylink0331

I have an image that has been giving me a really hard time to print out. It has some transparent images in it. I need to send this file to someone and have them send it back to me as a jpg image so i can send it to print. I have lost so much time over this. Any help would be greatly appreciated. If you have flexisign and you are willing to help me out, please let me know. Thanks

I'm trying to figure out exactly what you need or what the problem is. Jpg's don't usually handle transparency well. Have you tried bringing the image in as a png or Pdf? I've had print issues with transparency in flexi when bringing in files from illy. Usually making the file a png or even a psd solves this. Other times bringing in as a pdf works, but load it directly to production manager, not through flexi prints correctly.

Sign Eagle

I have an image that has been giving me a really hard time to print out. It has some transparent images in it. I need to send this file to someone and have them send it back to me as a jpg image so i can send it to print. I have lost so much time over this. Any help would be greatly appreciated. If you have flexisign and you are willing to help me out, please let me know. Thanks

We open JPG and PDF in photoshop and save, then open the photoshop file in Flexi, that eliminates most problems.

vinylink0331

Thanks for the suggestions.

The problem that I have is that I am layering a jpg image with a transparent image. The transparent image covers the entire jpg image. When I print I receive a grid like pattern in white across my prints. The are about 6 in apart. When I go to print It asks for transparent image to be rasterized, this is when the lines appear to occur, during the rasterizing process.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
You should do a cropped test print of the rasterized image that shows the grid issue.
I think what you are seeing are the bitmap tile edges that larger images are broken down into in eps import export. They are pretty much a screen display artifact and should not show up when printing.
At least that is what I think.

wayne k
guam usa

SignStudent

If the transparent image has hard edges and no soft shadows you could always do the following:

Make a mask for it by adding a very small (~.01") inline and separating it.
Remove the transparency by clicking "Make Opaque" in the bitmap tab of DesignCentral.
Select the mask and the now opaque image, then click "mask" in the right click menu.