Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does anyone know how to do this?

Discussion in 'Flexi' started by dlndesign, Apr 22, 2009.

1. dlndesign

dlndesign Active Member

Dec 10, 2007
    San Diego, Ca
    Ok I am going to try and explain it as best as I can. I have seen it on a flexi training video (that I currently do not have). Somewhere in Flexi you can set up a template that can be used for a proof, a way you can just import your work and it has all the job info you type in the information part of the file. And you can set it up to scale the artwork to the size of the proof section and the info drops in where you tell it to. Can anyone help? Thanks.

Tags:
  2. Charlie J

Charlie J Very Active Member

Oct 1, 2006
    Midwest
    File/templates/open template

I think that's what you mean

3. dlndesign

dlndesign Active Member

Dec 10, 2007
    San Diego, Ca
    Is that option in FlexiPro?

4. signguy95

signguy95 Active Member

Dec 5, 2004
    look for apply template, under the file menu I think...pop up box with the different templates or customize one and save as template.

Jay

5. cgsigns_jamie

cgsigns_jamie Very Active Member

Templates are only available in FlexiSIGN-PRO, FlexiEXPERT, FlexiDESIGNER, and FlexiENGRAVE-PRO

6. coyote

coyote Active Member

Nov 13, 2007
    Baltimore MD
    In other words, if you don't have any of the above, the template function is greyed out and unavailable.
    C

7. OADesign

OADesign Active Member

Jan 27, 2006
    California
    I think i understand what your asking. Yes it is in the pro version.

EDIT > JOB INFO.

Once all the data is there then when you use the templates, they will pull the data from the job info area.
    If you pull up the templates tool bar you will find a ton of other useful variables that you can place on your templates like current date and time, file name, used fonts, used colors and much more. I giggle when i see guys typing in all this stuff in other apps.