• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

does anyone know the difference in printing using passes and front print

drizom

Hey guys,

I just started using sublimation printer on mimaki JV33 -160 to do sports jersey for the past 8 months. After 8 months, i have to change my printer head already. Luckily it is still under warranty. I asked my supplier why do i need to replace my print head so early, its only 8 months old. The technician said that probably i have always use fast print and pass 4 for my printing

Anyone can tell me the difference between 2 pass, 4 pass, 6 pass , 8 pass , 10 pass , and 12 pass printing and does fast printing will have affect on the printer head useful life?

does anyone can back the technician explanation for the reason of print head wear out? please help if any one can give me the opinion, suggestion, how to avoid my
production downtime as now i know the effect on machine down to my business and customers..

inkjet frank

Print head passes and life span

Mimaki printers with Ricoh printheads, such as TS500 do have problems when running highest speed with less passes (usually 2-4 passes). I have seen some of our customers change thier Ricoh printheads every 6 month, and usually more than a few at a time.

Its unfortunate Mimaki advertise their printers with speed specifications , but in reality it doesn't work the way it's advertised.

However, jv33-160 it's a work horse, though its relatively a smaller model. we have lots of customers running 4 pass, 540x720 for dye sublimation printing. You should never have problems of changing printhead every 8 month, unless you use the printer 2 shifts, 12-16 hours or more per day.

If you don't regularly conduct maintenance on the printer, it could be also a problem.

always try the wiper, cap top, and even flush the print head first before buying a new one.

What at dye sub ink do you use? Which company told you that because of 4 pass, you have to change dx5 head every so often?

frank@inkjetparts.net