• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

does anyone print at 540 dpi?

0igo

i am looking for a 3m or oracle 3651 print profile thats under 720x720. i like the quality of 720 but it takes forever to print. do you guys get good looking prints at 540x540?

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
On a 1304 I use 540x720, 6 pass, fine and wave 2 for intermediate vinyl with very good results. We do a large amount of 40"x40" window posters monthly at this setting.
Speed vs quality is just about right for these jobs. The graphics are mixed vector, gradients, bitmaps and text eps files.
I use 720x720 4 pass for banners on matte 13oz on the same printer. Gets full 50" x 10' banners out quickly with no visible banding.

Trying to get similar profiles set up for a 1624 but have not hit the same sweet spot just yet.

wayne k
guam usa

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Have you tried overriding the resolution setting on your 720 profile to be 540 and see how it looks? It will be 540 x 720 not 540 x 540 due to the design of the print heads. What about turning the motor speed up on the 720 profile to make it go faster? Both of those things should work if you have your alignments done correctly.