• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help does anyone sell roland gs-24 protective cutting strip in eu

pinkiss

anyway not sure where to start new to community here, have background in graphics design Photoshop mostly, but decided to venture into cutting decals hobby so far and learning by the day.

anyhow purchased roland gs-24 recently which was pain to source to get it into Ireland, and as imagine most newbies buying bits and boobs all needed for cutting weeding etc, got complete olfa set of knives from japan,mats ,blades for spares.

but in my first days managed to scratch protective strip quite few times forgetting to set origin, force adjustments all 101 mistakes i guess someone new makes, but since thinking long term want to get spare parts to have when time comes to replace and slowly buying whats needed thinking long term as know people who own roland plotters for 10 years and use them as work horses with little to no downtime or breaks.

and aside everything searching for a original gs-24 strip ive found few companies in US that either deliver only in US or charge 50-70$ on 12$ strip, and sadly every site ive hit in EU is the same strip costs like 10pounds delivery is 50, which for me is total no brainer, not sure if its because plotter model is new or just no demand for them.

since measured original strip and its 1.2cm wide, and i see all the ones on ebay for like 5-6$ at most but they are either 6-8mm,thus found this forum most times and few topics ive read one mentioned that there is actually difference in getting proper gs-24 strip as opposed to gx,but my knowledge ends here. Since buying top grade knives from japan ive paid like 8$ per unit, and this strip seems to cost 7 fold to get or find.

SO TL/DR

does anyone know decent retailer that sells oem roland gs-24 protective strip in EU for normal price, not looking next day delivery or dhl and imagine it fits into regular parcel size envelope easily, or can i go with any brand like gx-24 even thou its a tad slimmer and will be fine when replacing eventually.as spending 50e on smth that seems to go for 5-10$ on ebay seems steep and dont know many sources really. Any help advice appreciated and sorry for long post as said new member to community and plotters.