Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does Does Flexi Support Summa Flex-Cut? (Cut Through)

Discussion in 'Flexi' started by David40, Dec 29, 2012.

1. David40

David40 Member

Jun 6, 2012
    nowhere
    Hi, I have a new Summa Cutter on the way and I was wondering if my Flexi 10 supports the Summa Flex-cut feature?
    For a software that costs four Grand I would hope it does, and be real pissed if it doesn't. So far all I see is Countour Cut in Flexi.

Thanks

Tags:
  2. FrankW

FrankW Very Active Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Germany
    Flexi supports FlexCut in a way that you can assign FlexCut as a driver option to a cutcontour. So Flexi will activate FlexCut for this contour. FlexCut-Parameters have to be set at the plotter.

There are more enhanced support for example at Onyx where you are able to save multiple FlexCut-Setups in the software.

By the way: FlexCut do not need application support, you can set the plotter in FlexCut-mode, and it will apply FlexCut on every vector you send. But software support make it more functional (eg kiss-cut and FlexCut combined in one job) and more comfortable.