• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Does Flexi fully support Summa cutters?

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Runs our S-160T great, easy workflow printing in a Mimaki and cutting on the Summa with Flexi Pro.

David40

Thanks, that's good to know. I have a Vinyl Express Q-75 I've had for years and I assumed it had the ARMS for contour cutting. Turns out on the Q-75 that was an option. So now I finally get a printer, and go to try a contour cut, and surprise, surprise, it didn't work. So now I'm looking for a new cutter and Summa seems to be a really good cutter.

FrankW

Flexi and Summa works together really fine, my company - as other Summa Dealers too - sell both together often for years.

Contour Cutting works really fine, but there are some Limitations with specific features:

OPOS XY: Functionality to avoid problems because of bowing (non-linear deviation of the print along the Y-Axis) is not supported with Flexi 10 until now, will be released with the next version. I don't kno if the "Contour Cutting without RIP" function will support that in the future, but there you can set it up manually.

OPOS Barcode: Functionality for Batch Processing of Contour jobs (plotter will scan a printed Barcode of each job and will load the according jobs from the computer) arent available now, and when I asked for shortly they told me is not planned. SAi Pixelblaster does it, as Onyx Postershop/Productionhouse too, or as far as I know Caldera ... but these are no plotting softwares.

Saving different Setups for the Plotter in the software is limited, its ok for Speed and pressure, but e. g. parameters for Flexcut don't (like Onyx RIP does) ... Flexcut can only be activated in Flexi.

David40

I have a D-60 Summa that runs fine with Flexi.

Can't you go in manually and set up the registration marks?

That's a good question, I'll need to check on that.

I am really bummed out today... I had a line on a nearly new S75 T for a steal of a price and the guy sold it yesterday to someone else. Story of my life.. a day late, and a dollar short.

Doug Pulver

That's a good question, I'll need to check on that.

I am really bummed out today... I had a line on a nearly new S75 T for a steal of a price and the guy sold it yesterday to someone else. Story of my life.. a day late, and a dollar short.

I'd love to have a S75 T. That is a fantastic machine.

I tried after I posted my response to your question to try to do a contour cut with my D-60 and Flexi and couldn't get it to work. I thought I could just line up the blade with the registration marks and let it cut but I need another button on my tool bar for contour cut. I found out that it the button doesn't show up unless I have a cutter that is setup to contour cut.

David40

I looked into it and apparently there is a way to manually align for a contour cut with the Graphtec and Q series. The article talks about turning on the laser pointer... then aligning the four corners, and then replacing the cutter to cut. I think it might be a small laser that you stick into the tool holder in place of the blade, but what a pain to go through every time.