• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Does mild solvent ink lay down smoother than Eco Ultra ink

oozawekwun

It's been a couple of years since I switched my Mutoh Rockhopper II from mild solvent to Eco Ultra inks. I use Onyx PosterShop 7.3.2 and use ICC profiles for Eco Ultra inks. I'm happy with the switch, there's no problems however I have always noticed that my prints are more grainy than they were with the mild solvent inks. For the most part this is acceptable but there are cases where more detail is better and the closer you look at the image you can see the graininess. Recently I tried to print an image with Flexisign 8.1 as a test and found the ink lays down very smooth, with no grain. This leads me to believe the grain on Onyx is a software issue. Perhaps there's a setting that I'm missing in Onyx? I've tried various wave pass settings but the results are the same, I can't get rid of the grain. Am I missing something in my Onyx software or does Flexi have something over Onyx?