• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Does SignVox have scheduling / field management features?

Lindquist

I've been looking at and considering SignVox for a long time, and I'm still researching possible new software for the business (pulling the trigger on SignVox is a hard sell because there is no trial).

One of my latest realizations is that some of our most desired features are very field-oriented. We want to have work marked complete in real time, track the trucks, get photos from the jobsite in real time (and attached to the appropriate orders). Is SignVox equipped to handle these kind of tasks? We're able to accomplish some of these goals currently using other tools (photos are taken on mobile phones and auto-uploaded to cloud services, and we have some gps tracking apps on the phones)

We do a lot of service work - we're not just a simple print shop. Aside from installing and repairing signage, we manufacture and install furniture, and install flagpoles.

However, there are also a lot of production inefficiencies that we want to address, and SignVox seems well-equipped to handle that area of the business. I don't currently have a great way to track where orders are in the shop. We use some spreadsheets to keep up with scheduling and some basic order tracking, but it's not the greatest system (granted, it's 100 times better than how we did it a couple years ago).

I've been exploring some other software options, and they are the opposite of SignVox - very well equipped for the field portion, but not as much for production management.

I suppose another question is: Is there any software that does both well?

SignVOX

Merchant Member
Try shopVOX - the new signVOX

I've been looking at and considering SignVox for a long time, and I'm still researching possible new software for the business (pulling the trigger on SignVox is a hard sell because there is no trial).

One of my latest realizations is that some of our most desired features are very field-oriented. We want to have work marked complete in real time, track the trucks, get photos from the jobsite in real time (and attached to the appropriate orders). Is SignVox equipped to handle these kind of tasks? We're able to accomplish some of these goals currently using other tools (photos are taken on mobile phones and auto-uploaded to cloud services, and we have some gps tracking apps on the phones)

We do a lot of service work - we're not just a simple print shop. Aside from installing and repairing signage, we manufacture and install furniture, and install flagpoles.

However, there are also a lot of production inefficiencies that we want to address, and SignVox seems well-equipped to handle that area of the business. I don't currently have a great way to track where orders are in the shop. We use some spreadsheets to keep up with scheduling and some basic order tracking, but it's not the greatest system (granted, it's 100 times better than how we did it a couple years ago).

I've been exploring some other software options, and they are the opposite of SignVox - very well equipped for the field portion, but not as much for production management.

I suppose another question is: Is there any software that does both well?

Hi
Before I reply about your questions, a high level information.
shopVOX is the new signVOX. We have rebranded and created a new platform which will suit any "Custom Manufacturing" industries, also hence the more generic name, "shopVOX" instead of "signVOX" and you ask why, exactly to solve problems like you listed. Ability to serve any custom manufacturing shop vs just strictly sign shops. And also since the technologies for cloud based software has become dramatically better, we thought instead of retrofitting signVOX with more features, we create shopVOX ground up with newer technology and a configurable platform to fit any custom shop, and sign business is a classic example of custom manufacturing.

Now that said... My replies to your questions...

>>>> Yes, you can do all this in shopVOX (the new signVOX).

>>>> Yes you should be able to model all these pricing structures as well as manufacturing processes and service process.

>>>> Yes we excel at this job tracking. And shopVOX has custom workflow management.

>>>> Yes with shopVOX you should be able to schedule your trucks and create a service workflow for service based jobs.

Send us an email at sales@shopvox.com and we can do a webinar and show you how it works.

You can checkout some videos on our website www.shopvox.com

Lindquist

Thanks for the response Rao. I was familiar with ShopVox, but I was under the impression that it did less than SignVox - thanks for clearing that up. I'll take a closer look at it.

My biggest concern with ShopVox is the cost. Just looking at the pricing and features list, it looks like we would have to go the Premium route to get what we need, but that $199 only gets me 1 person instead of the 10 that SignVox gives for $140. I've probably got around 15 people that need access, and that $20 per user is going to add up.

Christian @ 2CT Media

Wow Rao, you may want to rephrase the way you say things as it may lead people (your subscribers) to feel alienated.

We signed up for SignVox this last year under the impression that our subscription gets us the latest and greatest. Now you have developed a replacement to the product we use, will you be porting us old signvox users to shopvox? If not it also brings to question, how much devotion do you have to signvox anymore?

Ironically I read your response just as I receive an email with the renewal receipt. I have a list of things I'd like to see integrated in to what I use, but now it seems to me that your focus may be elsewhere.

Typestries

Have to ask the same question. What gives to signvox users. Do we get migrated to shopvox or will both products exist? Also confused after reading your response above.

SignVOX

Merchant Member
No worries to signVOX Users...

Hi All,
To all our signVOX users, please do not worry. signVOX is not going any where. It is just that we have a new platform shopVOX and very soon you will be getting an email from me about what and how signVOX users can migrate to shopVOX. Common you all, do you think we will abandon our current signVOX users? Just wait for my email about how this new platform affects our current signVOX users.

But in the nutshell once we are ready , we will provide an option to migrate from signVOX to shopVOX - around April 2015 once we have the migration path worked out and we can migrate any of our signVOX users to shopVOX if they want to. Just not ready yet to migrate and working on tools for this migration.

And as usual any questions you have please feel free to contact me directly also.

gnemmas

This remind me of the flexi cloud cartoon posted here yesterday.

...Why staring at an old TV while you can have a new and more featured TV every year?

Well, pay more subscription fee, of course!

Almost like drug dealers, once you're hooked, you are at their mercy.

As R & D cost beared by early subscribers, when more user joined, you would think the fee would go down?

JJM7288

Good estimataing/management software is a must and the subscription cost seems reasonable. I watched the estimating video, looks a little cumbersome but it's better than other subscription software out there.

jrsc

Hi All,
To all our signVOX users, please do not worry. signVOX is not going any where. It is just that we have a new platform shopVOX and very soon you will be getting an email from me about what and how signVOX users can migrate to shopVOX. Common you all, do you think we will abandon our current signVOX users? Just wait for my email about how this new platform affects our current signVOX users.

But in the nutshell once we are ready , we will provide an option to migrate from signVOX to shopVOX - around April 2015 once we have the migration path worked out and we can migrate any of our signVOX users to shopVOX if they want to. Just not ready yet to migrate and working on tools for this migration.

And as usual any questions you have please feel free to contact me directly also.

So does this mean that most of the future development and upgrades that were supposed to go into signvox are instead going into shopvox and if us signvox users want the new features we have to pay the much higher price of shopvox or stick with signvox with no more upgrades? Or do you have a surprise for us current users and we should just wait for the email? I have noticed we haven't been getting upgrades at the same frequency as we used to. Is this why? BTW shopvox looks great, like everything I always wanted out of signvox. I'm excited to try it out, just a bit worried about having to pay $30 per user on top of the base fee.

TXFB.INS

WOW, I must say this is disappointing to hear that SignVOX has taken a back seat to an entirely new company that has raised the price drastically once you add the additional users but has the features that wear missing from signVOX and yet to be be added. it looks like you have taken all of the feedback and difficulties that the SignVOX users are having and instead of improving your current customers services and products have created a new product that cost more...

Speaking of issues, what has been done to improve and eliminate the known lag and time it takes to create a custom quote?

HonosCorp

Try a demo of Honos Corp Workflow Software

Get your business automated, without all the extra emails, phone calls and chasing your customers down.....

The Honos Corp P3 Workflow Software was developed for the industry by people in the industry......
Get a free demo to run around in and test it out...
From start to finish every step from customer ordering, customer proofing, quoting, invoicing, to status changes, customer payments & way more....
Everything is integrated in to the software!
We eliminate over half of the run around and get your business streamlined so you can be efficient and make more money!

Adam
HonosCorp.com