• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Does size really matter?

Jackpine

That is the speed posted. What is interesting is the 24", 39" and 51" width. I would believe they are looking at the vacuum Mutoh and the others made by discontinuing smaller printers. Mimaki had a 30" printer they just dropped not too long ago.
Size always matters!
188 sq ft/hr is quite slow. I'd never get anything done with that speed.

CustomRide

anyone heard a price on the cjv30-60 39in? We were looking into getting one but they are not releasing too much info until the indy show.

Thanks

P

ProWraps™

sorry but the thread title made me think of something about "the motion in the ocean"! ha!

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

PartyMatt

Size always matters!
188 sq ft/hr is quite slow. I'd never get anything done with that speed.

That may be slow by high-volume sign shop standards, but it is still faster than any Roland Versacam, which is obviously the intended competition. These printers are really aimed more at vehicle graphics than volume sign work. The white ink option is huge for guys doing decals on clear and metallic vinyl, and Roland has nothing under $30K that can print/cut with white ink. I would predict that if the 24" and 39" Mimaki CJV's come in at a competitive (under $15K) price, Roland will have a tough time selling VP300's.

What I can't figure out is the 51" model. I mean WTF? They couldn't throw in another 3" so the machine could take standard 54" rolls? They just handed every Roland rep in the country a huge selling point for the VP540. Somebody at Mimaki had a major brainfart on that one.

ScotJ

I would imagine you could get it cheaper than that even. I got one of the first JV33-160's that came out for under $17k, I'm sure this much more entry level machine would be far cheaper than tha no?

and huge second on the 51" point... what the hell were they thinking?

PartyMatt

A 24 inch printer come on Jackpine!!!!

There's a market for printers in this size range. There are a lot of guys out there making money doing vehicle and industrial decals with a Gerber Edge. The Edge is only a 12" (yeah, TWELVE INCH) printer. A 24" CJV would be much faster, more economical and easier to use than the Edge. Its the perfect machine to throw in the back of a trailer, haul down to the flea market and crack out "Honk if You're a Redneck" bumper stickers.

Craig Sjoquist

188 sq ft per hour thats printing wow zoooom thats .....six....4x8s a hour and thats slow ......
I hand letter a 4x8 in 4 hours about
I can only dream of EVER owning a print machine and be lucky just to get a cutter..much less understanding the software

congrates nice machine

Jackpine

quote schurms: A 24 inch printer come on Jackpine!!!!
schurms..... aaaw come on now.....
I think these printers have a chance to secure a niche in the market. The pricing will not be released for a while.

ScotJ

Odds are that the 188 sqft/h is in 4-pass mode at 360x360. You'd probably be lucky to squeeze 60sqft/h our if your doing quality prints.