• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Does this ink smell funny to you?

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Hi all
I installed my last backup magenta cart a day or so ago and just noticed on the label that it will expire this month - 4/10.
Does that mean it is good until the end of the month or at some unknown time in the next few days it is going to stop working?
It is Saturday here and I have the last panel of a van wrap to print.
I'm a little concerned that it might time-out at a really bad time.
I will get some more ink on Monday but looking at the last 4 magenta carts I ran through shows that they have the same expiration date. I wonder now if the dealer was trying to get them out the door before they expired on him or that this old batch is all they have.
Production date on the packing box says 08.

How does the timeout work? Internal clock?
Can I roll back the date on the printer to get by until I can get some fresh ink?

wayne k
guam usa

einsteingraphic

Wayne,

Take a real good look at your ink. Mutoh no longer puts a experation date on the label. It is a date of manufacture. To my knowledge, the ink no longer expires. RandyA, can you confirm that they do not expire any longer? Thanks for your help and I hope this helps others.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Thanks for the info guys.
Gonna start that last panel now.

Not that it matters now but I definitely have two dates, one on the shipping box and one stamped onto the cart label that lists the expiration date on it.

wayne k
guam usa

Extreme Graffix

When i had mine it had expired ink in it and came with 2 rounds of expired ink and i used every bit of it. The supply place i bought my new ink from said i could still use it with no problems but if i had an issue with the prints they couldnt stand behind it. As to this day they have lasted as long as the non expired ink did.So happy printing.