• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Does this reek of Scam?

2B

we get them daily,

EDIT: just got an "order" for 80,000 posters 11x17 and the "image" was 23kb picture, they wanted us to pay their shipping company for freight and then run their CC for the entire amount owed

depends on the mood I'm in but replies range from

we only accept payment from new customers in the form of pennies facing head to head in sequential descending order of years

to the standard

For new customers we require a 75% DEPOSIT before production will start or material ordered.
Here are the payments means we accept
Wire transfer,
Money order from a US post office
Cash

The following must be provided for a credit card to be used by first time customers
A clear and legible picture of the credit card front and back
A clear and legible picture of the driver’s license of the individuals name on the credit card front and back
Visa, Master Card or Discover are accepted

Last edited:

OlsonSigns601

I remember my first order... They guy almost had me but after telling him I need to have a photo ID and phone number to the credit card number to verify the card holder, he stopped responding.

I'm glad I did as he was looking for 3000 small black gilden 50/50s. I'm not sure what the scam does for them to make money but what on earth would they do with 3000 small crappy T-Shirts?

GVP

I sometimes like responding under a ficticious name just for fun - my two favourites are "Ophelia Dyck" or "Hugh Janus" :smile:

OlsonSigns601

Seeing as we all seem to get these and no one has posted of actually getting ripped off yet... I was wondering if anyone has actually contacted the authorities on this?

Seems to me this is not just local and its nationwide and it may be a certain group focusing on the sign industry for some reason. Has anyone ever contacted the authorities on it?

ThinkRight

Got this email this morning. Haven't replied back yet, but the generic content, poor grammer and vague details leave me thinking this is a new type of scam. I would rather not reply at all at this point.

What say ye fellow s'101-ers?

Good day ,

My name is Doctor William David, i will like to order SIGN,below is the specification of my inquiry:

Details:
size: 20 X 16 Coroplast
wording( HEALTH CARE HOSPITAL )(both double sides).
number of colors needed:TWO color(" WHITE & BLACK ").
quantity 300

I want the color of the sign should be Black and the color of the Art Work Should Be White, kindly email me with the total picked up price for this sizes , I will like to know the terms or forms of payment you accept Kindly respond to me as soon as possible for us to proceed.

Thank You.
Dr.William

:popcorn:
Reply to the email and tell him they will be ready to pick up at 8am , and tell him COD or net 60 days . Whichever he prefers .
Then wait.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
While these things are pretty much commonplace these days.... the way most of you identify a scam by bad English and spelling.... that pretty much means the majority around here are scam artists......... :ROFLMAO:

Mosh

the word "kindly" is the first tip off on the scam e-mails. I go all the way with them as far as getting the CC number. Never ran a card, but have thought about running $1 charge just to see what happens....

OlsonSigns601

Somewhere there is a poor guy who can't make it to any sign shop because his wife stuck in the hospital and desperately needs 4000 3' x 2' Signs that read "CHRISILIAN BIBEL CAMP" by the end of the week and isn't getting any customer service from any of us!

You should all be ashamed of yourselves!!