• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Does this work................??

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I was just called for 36 of these directionals. The arrows will be cut-out vinyl and they'll paste them on how they see fit in the various locations.

Everything here was dictated as to how they wanted everything to look, except I had my choice on the two words 'Political Debate'.

They wanted their logo large, they wanted the donkey and elephant small, they wanted the words at the bottom that size, they wanted the colors and fades as you see them and they wanted an arrow on each one. Most are double sided except for 6 of them, which will be 1-sided. I'm getting a good price for them... over $40 each plus step stakes, so if I need to change anything, I have some time I can kill on this.

My problem is..... there is something that looks off about it and I can't figure out if it's the cartoonie animals or the many fonts being used or just the various elements varying sizes.

I know they're only gonna be used for one evening and it's only a directional, but I want them to be happy with them.

So without getting political, can we keep this from being locked down ??
HBA debate.jpg
:thankyou: Gino

SignManiac

I'd would lay it out more like this. The right hand justification looks wonky and doesn't flow with the swooshy.

Attachments

• POLITICAL.jpg
    POLITICAL.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 68

GB2

Old Member
I'd would lay it out more like this. The right hand justification looks wonky and doesn't flow with the swooshy.
Definately better font choice and placement, you might also try Impact for Political Debate. Also, those characters need some more thoughtful placement.

idsignsil

I think the font used for Political Debate along with the animals and the arrow are all on the cartoon side. Everything else is the opposite. Different font left justified, arrow with straight edges, and maybe the simple outlines of the animals that are more common. That is just my 2 cents, if the client likes it who cares.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
The two animals are what they sent to me. They actually have to use them to receive political money for this evening of debate.

How's this ??

I think they want those two animals to show everyone is happy and to try to get rid of the bitterness that's being felt lately. Like that'll happen.....:rolleyes:

hba political -2.jpg

vid

Does it have to be landscape?

Attachments

• 101Debate_01.jpg
    101Debate_01.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 83
  • 101Debate_02.jpg
    101Debate_02.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 75

vid

ooooops happy animals... put their feet on the same baseline.

Attachments

• 101Debate_03.jpg
    101Debate_03.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 96

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Well, they don't have to be landscaped, but I only have landscape blanks in stock. These have to be printed Monday morning for pick up Monday afternoon.

I like that, Vid, but the blues and tans with their gradients must be used because it is part of their logo. Also, the animals as they supplied them to me must be used.

That's my whole point, they instructed me on what had to be used with little to no possibility of change of elements. I only could add the two words and they wanted them big.

I think the whole deal is.... they want to keep this thing uppity and use the advertisement with their logo and branding being so dominant, it's more of a backdoor kinda scheme getting their name out there using political funding with all the focus on politics lately. They told me this comes out of some political budget from both parties...... and they have a few thousand to throw around. So, why not gain some recognition and let their money pay for your advertising the event.

Haha.... kinda neat, if ya ask me.

mikefine

The elephant image is larger and seems more prominent than the donkey. That
is the first thing that caught my eye. People may care about that...

Gino

Premium Subscriber
The elephant image is larger and seems more prominent than the donkey. That
is the first thing that caught my eye. People may care about that...

Yeah, I saw that too, but that's how the files came in and in real life the elephant is about 15 times bigger than a donkey, so I'd say he's been downsized a bit already.

visual800

Does it have to be landscape?

GREAT DESIGN! but im not digging the arrows on his sign cause people are stupid and they wont catch this. Gino the whole design you got sucks make it cleaner like Vid did and take size off that damn sponsor, you cant read it anyway AND its not whats important here....these are NOT sponsor signs they are directional and that sponsor on there is taking up valuable space with his name