• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Doesn't seem fair... what should I do?

GypsyGraphics

I'm doing an install tomorrow morning on a donated job. Client won a silent auction for a $500 voucher for store front and/or vehicle graphics. The voucher had very few stipulations but one is that it had to be used all at once. I didn't want to be doing tiny jobs for the next year and multiple installs. So it is essentially a one shot deal... use it or lose it.

What they've order is only valued at about $250. They had so much trouble getting a hold of a vector version of their logo, that it delayed the job and now they need their graphics installed ASAP.

I don't feel good about only giving half of what I committee to but I don't want this to be drug out over several jobs.

I'm thinking I could do one of several things:

1. cut additional graphics for them and just leave them with RTA.

2. tell them they can use the remainder as credit towards another job but that it will not cover install.

3. well, I don't actually have a number three. Any ideas?

What would you do?

pointjockey

You donated the voucher in order to help a worthy cause and get grab some attention.
I would make the most of it by allowing them to use the balance. You can make it back 10 fold by doing a great job. They will be back for more.

onesource

Just t do it , but you might can make the most of it by calling the local paper and make a story of it giving you and the client exposure. Just an idea.

GypsyGraphics

I decide to wait till I met the clients... that way I could find out if not having proper files and needing things yesterday was their SOP.

Turns out, they are very nice, a pleasure to work with appreciated the rush job. So the decision was easy, I told them they still have the full amount remaining to used for whatever they need.

They're using the remainder next week.

Thanks all, for your input.

GypsyGraphics

Installed the last graphic this morning... OOPS!

Installed the last graphic this morning... to finish out the full $500 on this job.

And it goes a little something like this...

I get up this morning after less than two hours sleep, quickly weeded and masked the graphic and off I go. Get the graphic taped up, laser level... looks good...hinge it and start laying it down. I'll be outta here in no time.

Peeling back the mask... cool no bubbles.... nice and smooth. Hmmm, somethings not right???? WTF..... where's the slogan!! Somebody (me) forgot to cut the slogan!!! Oh wait... it's there but somebody (me) forgot to weed the slogan!:covereyes:

Oh now I remember, I meant to do that.... been meaning to try out a new weeding technique... post install weeding.

So my post weeding install works out fine, but think in the future I'll stick with weeding before masking. So I get it finished and I'm thinking... sure glad no one was around to see that screw-up. As I'm taking the last photo, it occurs to me.... someones office is on the other side of that black glass.

I could have quietly just weeded the stupid thing and been on my way and anyone on the other side might not have thought anything of it. Expect that somebody (me) couldn't keep from laughing and taking picture of the screw-up.

I'm so professional and take my job very seriously... unless of course I think no one's watching.

Wasn't sure if I should put the pics here if I already uploaded them to my profile page, so I'm just attaching the finished one here. There's two of the screw-up if you want to see them... nothing too exciting.

AE_instl_ok.jpg

B-RAD Graphics

:Oops:...u just made my day..been ther done that..that is 2hrs sleep and the post weeeeed!!!
Installed the last graphic this morning... to finish out the full $500 on this job.

And it goes a little something like this...

I get up this morning after less than two hours sleep, quickly weeded and masked the graphic and off I go. Get the graphic taped up, laser level... looks good...hinge it and start laying it down. I'll be outta here in no time.

Peeling back the mask... cool no bubbles.... nice and smooth. Hmmm, somethings not right???? WTF..... where's the slogan!! Somebody (me) forgot to cut the slogan!!! Oh wait... it's there but somebody (me) forgot to weed the slogan!:covereyes:

Oh now I remember, I meant to do that.... been meaning to try out a new weeding technique... post install weeding.

So my post weeding install works out fine, but think in the future I'll stick with weeding before masking. So I get it finished and I'm thinking... sure glad no one was around to see that screw-up. As I'm taking the last photo, it occurs to me.... someones office is on the other side of that black glass.

I could have quietly just weeded the stupid thing and been on my way and anyone on the other side might not have thought anything of it. Expect that somebody (me) couldn't keep from laughing and taking picture of the screw-up.

I'm so professional and take my job very seriously... unless of course I think no one's watching.

Wasn't sure if I should put the pics here if I already uploaded them to my profile page, so I'm just attaching the finished one here. There's two of the screw-up if you want to see them... nothing too exciting.

View attachment 46229

rcook99

Border I am with you on post #9:omg:

The sign looks good GG...wish I was in Cali or someplace warm right now as we just got 6in of snow today.

Jon Aston

Looks great!

If you hadn't said so, I still would have guessed they were a terrific company to work for/with... "Welcome to the mothership" :)

This is a "moot point" at this point, but you did the right thing. Silent auction donation or not, this was a chance to land the lifetime value (revenue and referrals) of a new customer. Going the extra mile was the way to go.

Mosh

Did you say $50 or $500? What? Ain't that what Dusty Rhoades used to say "the mothership" did you really get 5 Bens on that? NO WAY. You have to give them a banner or something to make it worth $500. Why not a customized snuggie?

GypsyGraphics

If you hadn't said so, I still would have guessed they were a terrific company to work for/with... "Welcome to the mothership" :)

Don't you just love that slogan!

I have so many really nice cleints. I knew I liked these people right away, a beautiful office with big friendly dogs walking around, they are friendly, witty and whether or not these people become clients, they were fun to be around for few days.

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
I can't stand slogans, but anything with "mothership" on it has to be cool. I may need to work up a funky slogan...