• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Doing an installation using glass and standoffs - Help

SpeedproSOC

I am trying to find solution (if it exists) to an upcoming install. We are installing some glass panels to a wall using standoffs. Is there a type of product/hardware that acts as a "sleeve" around the threads on a bolt so that when the standoffs and the panels are installed, the glass does NOT rest on the bolt threads but rather rests on the "sleeve"? I hope this explanation makes sense.

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
Depending on who you order from, like Gyford, you can get rubber sleeve inserts with the standoffs.
What I've done is buy airline type tubing from Home Depot, and cut to size.

Chasez

Best I've found is CR Laurence. They have multiple finishes, hold a large amount of weight per standoff (think about 60lbs per standoff - depending on which size), and they look the nicest (compared to other cheaper versions).

http://www.crlaurence.ca/crlapps/showline/default.aspx?GroupID=23093

Canadian link to the standoffs that CRL offers. They aren't priced to bad but we charge about $125 for a set of 4 to the client (which I think our cost works out to about $100).

Chaz