• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question Doll/toy wraps

AGinVT

Has anyone had success applying vinyl to anything like dolls or toys? My niece is wanting to turn her American Girl doll (Josephine) into a Juggalo. I'm considering using print/cut to do the face art, but would layered wrap film be more effective, since Juggalo face paint is usually (I think) only 2-3 colors?

Troy Lesher

Merchant Member
Has anyone had success applying vinyl to anything like dolls or toys? My niece is wanting to turn her American Girl doll (Josephine) into a Juggalo. I'm considering using print/cut to do the face art, but would layered wrap film be more effective, since Juggalo face paint is usually (I think) only 2-3 colors?
Hydro Dip it.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Unless you have some sorta ink and vinyl which is safe for kids to chew on, I don't think it's a good idea to put vinyl, ink or adhesive on children's toys.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Those are all true and very long ago. The OP is really talking about materials, inks and whatnot of today. What you did on that scooter, I doubt a kid could wrap their teeth into that, but a doll's head..... just a place for a youngster to bite or chew on. Just something to think about, before one goes off doing something dangerous.

Jburns

I think the OP needs to use best judgement.

So American Dolls are for older kids - right? no necessarily for toddlers- but if a toddler is in the house I would be more cautious