• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Domain Name Registration Only - On the Cheap?

Border

I'm toying with some new ideas and was wondering if anyone knows of a good reliable but inexpensive site to register a couple of new domain names.

I want to make sure it is also easy to then get a hosting account at some point (preferably with the same provider so it's just 1 bill to deal with).

So basically, I just want to be able to reserve the names for now and sit on them while I decide if and when I want to proceed with an actual website.

These particular ones are for a new band project I am considering starting. I don't need a ton of server space or anything like that. Just good, reliable service that's easy to work with but not expensive. And something I can later transfer to another host without getting locked in like has happened in the past with some sketchy companies.

Any pointers would be great!
:rock-n-roll:

Border

Thanks Wayne,
Hoping for some info and a referral from someone with personal experience from a particular provider of said services.

I could Google it all night long and come up with 100s of self-proclaimed "good" providers.

a rock-solid referral would be best.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Thanks Wayne,
Hoping for some info and a referral from someone with personal experience from a particular provider of said services.

I could Google it all night long and come up with 100s of self-proclaimed "good" providers.

a rock-solid referral would be best.

Got it,
I read the reviews from several outside sites and they ranked near the top in each.
I just signed up with them, in a month or so I'll update my review.....

wayne k
guam usa

oldgoatroper

Roper of Goats. Old ones.
domainsatcost.com (I use the Canadian counterpart domainsatcost.ca)

Great hosting is available at siteground.com

Border

Thanks all, I went with Gigi's suggestion of MyDomain and so far, it's working great. I'm even transferring some other domains over to the new registrar (MyDomain) and having good success. I like the user interface and I called tech support twice and got real, live....people. They even spoke clear English!

HulkSmash

godaddy is actually pretty good. never had ANY issues with them.

we have 15urls we bought for about 140 bucks a year......not bad at all.

signswi

godaddy oversells their capabilities and buries all the functionality under a million offers for addon products you don't want or need. It takes half an hour to dig through all the crap to find CName modification or other things that should be easily accessed. It's a nightmare company. Used to be really good but the owner went nuts with the hard upsell offers in the past 6 years.

By the way as a thread tip you should always host with a different company than you purchased the domain name from.

Locals Find!

I used domainspricedright.com a godaddy subsidiary and its night and day. Even though they are the same company the user interface is so much easier for hosting and everything else. Also, customer service actually answers the phone.