• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Dome Labels and those that make/sell them

CSSigns

I have a client that is looking to have dome labels made for their product (i.e. Candles in glass jars) in a 1x1.5 inch oval on mirror chrome substrate 2 designs in cmyk. I have looked at out sources (dometagDOTcom and domelabelDOTcom) and have given them my retail bid. Which looks to be way more than they expected to see. I am looking to see if I am way out of the ballpark with what I think is a fair markup on essentially my product.

My retail prices where as follows

each | total | Price per
design| labels | Unit
500 | 1000 | $0.99
1000 | 2000 | $0.67
1500 | 3000 | $0.54
2000 | 4000 | $0.48
3000 | 6000 | $0.43

This was my starting point and they wanted to get their price down to $0.33 each and I don't get that low until 7500 x2 =15,000 labels. Am I the one that is crazy with my prices or is my client being unreasonable with their expectations. I don't get many people asking for this type of label so this is only the second time I have been asked about it in the over 10 years I have been in this industry.

CSSigns

:ROFLMAO: Good point.

Besides that since I have not done many quotes on dome labels what I would like to know is, does this pricing seem reasonable.

2B

+1 for Stouse Also, your prices seem low IMO. everyone is driven by cost

CSSigns

:thankyou: for your input. As far as everyone being driven by cost.... :frustrated: I see this everyday. Gets very frustrating on how the internet takes perceived value of professional products and devalues the hell out of them. Not to mention having to deal with the repercussions of making a quality product for a customer to have them come back and say "well I can get it for this much at vista print." and then see the crap that they get from there. Unreadable tiny magnets with 1/2 inch tall fonts on a sheet barely larger than a sheet of paper, that flake shortly after getting them. Then they want you make them something similar for the same price.:omg2: Any way sorry for the rant.

Again thank you for the input and I am glad to see that I am not out of my mind with the pricing I sent out to the client. I just hope that I am not leaving money on the table now...