Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dongle error

Discussion in 'Gerber' started by Billct2, Mar 12, 2005.

1. Billct2

Billct2 Major Contributor

Mar 12, 2005
    New England
    :help: When sending a file to the Edge, I often get a dongle error which say the computer "doesn't see the dongle and should it try again or go to demo mode".
    I hit no again and again to it goes back to normal, or I have to restart.
    This seems to have started happening after I upgraded to Omego & XP.

Tags:
  2. Marekdlux

Marekdlux Member

Jan 11, 2005
    I was having this same problem. I had to do something with Rainbow Config. When I get home today I will check my email for the solution I was given.
    -Marek

3. Fred Weiss

Fred Weiss Merchant Member

Sep 11, 2003
    Olympia, WA
    Check the Rainbow Sentinel Driver Config. It should be set so that the only port marked Yes is the port where the dongle is plugged into. If that doesn't fix it, then the next best possibility is that it is Windows XP Service Pack 2 related.

4. Scott Reynolds

Scott Reynolds Active Member

Feb 5, 2005
    maybe try downloading the XP driver and in stall.

5. Dale Horn

Dale Horn Member

Oct 30, 2003
    Check that the power is always on for the USB ports in the control panel. Power manangement can turn the usb port off so the software can't find it's dongle. :glasses:

6. Billct2

Billct2 Major Contributor

Mar 12, 2005
    New England
    Thanks. Im going to try your suggestions.

7. airbrushkarin

airbrushkarin Member

Nov 23, 2004
    I got an error like this too with my p2c know it is not the same as a great edge however I found that I solved it by changing to USB2 and not just the USB port. not a problem since I did that.