• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Dongle Key

Valentino

my dongle is in a safe! I have a little lock box next to my pc, i drilled a hole into it so i could feed a usb extended in it, and then i bolted the lock box onto the wall by my pc.

if you lose it they make you buy a new version.

jhines1284

not sure who makes them but there are cards you can get to attach inside of your pc so that you can plug your dongles inside the towers and dont have to worry about someone snatching them or losing them, not if you are switching your dongle from computer to computer this wouldnt be ideal for your situation. We also do structual steel detailing and a seat of that software is $25-30,000(Tekla Structures) so losing a dongle isnt an option for us. Our other softwares that require a dongle we have locked up in a safe. Detail Cad, Flexi, etc.

WhiskeyDreamer

Professional Snow Ninja
lost a signlab dongle once...contacted them and had to pay for a new dongle..don't remember how much though...

on the other hand, you could contact j nyugen to get a cracked copy...:Big Laugh

tamiya

fellas...

Most new PC motherboards will have a bank of jumpers that can be attached to an "external" (ie off mobo) USB socket/s... eg either on a backpanel plate or on the case front somewhere.

I just took that backpanel plate and attached it inside the case... put your dongle inside on there if you wish.

My work box has internalised the wireless receiver for KB/M & USB stereo speakers... so the only physical wires left outside are Power & Monitor.

(wireless power... new invention usually appears in 4 wks... 1st April :D)

activitydude

That's one of the reasons we switched to a Keyless Security program. There were too many USB keys getting broken and conflicts with keyed graphics programs