• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Don't bother if you're married to OEM Ink

premiercolour

Merchant Member
Don't bother if you're married to OEM Ink. :thumb:

By far the most solid two aftermarket inks on signs101. Toe to toe. So Bordeaux vs Jetbest or Jetbest vs Bordeaux. Who wins?
We have Roland XC540, VP540, Mutoh 1624 and 1204 for testing purpose.

Jetbest
Pros
99% Color match to OEM
99% Ink compatibility to OEM
99% Mix and print with OEM
Ink made in Taiwan. Strong presence in Asia
Cons
Scratch resistance is not the greatest
Outdoor durability is not the greatest
Shortage Supply because they don't sell enough in the US
Resellers are mostly sign shops. Heck,they are a sign shop too.

Bordeaux
Pros
99% Color match to OEM
99% Ink compatibility to OEM
99% Mix and print with OEM
Strong Scratch resistance
3 years + outdoor durability on banners
Fully stock in California, New York and Mid States
Ink is made in NY, USA
Resellers: N. Glantz and Son, Fellers 100s + dealers

Bordeaux Inks
$400 setup for Roland 4 Colors VP300, VP540, SP300, SP540, VS540, VS640, Mutoh 1204, 1604, 1614, 1624, 1638 with four refillable cartridges and four liters of inks
$600 setup for Roland 6 Colors SC540, SC545EX, XC540, SJ500, SJ540, SJ740, Mutoh 2606 with twelf refillable cartridges and six liters of inks

Concern about the printheads? Give us a solid proof that our ink was the reason that made your printhead goes bad. We will replace it free of charge. Because Bordeaux inks simply don't damage the printheads.

Any questions feel free to call 949-209-7306. We're located in S. California.

www.premiercolour.com

Last edited:

premiercolour

Merchant Member
Thanks for the kind words. Product speaks for itself.

We recently did convert one Arizona and let us gather some more information and get back to you.

For more information about what else we offer for your printers. Please download the attachment.

Francis

Attachments

• Bordeaux cross ref.pdf
    339.6 KB · Views: 131

CanuckSigns

Concern about the printheads? Give us a solid proof that our ink was the reason that made your printhead goes bad. We will replace it free of charge. Because Bordeaux inks simply don't damage the printheads.

I'm not trying to start anything here, but can you elaborate on what you consider "solid proof"? I've always assumed that if something goes wrong with the print heads after switching to 3rd party ink, the printer manufacturer would obviously blame the ink, and the ink manufacturer would obviously say it's an issue with the printer, leaving you stuck in the middle with an expensive paperweight until you pay for the print head out of your own pocket. if the ink manufacturers did indeed step up and replace a print head which had been obviously damaged by their ink, they are opening up a whole can of worms in terms of liability to anyone else in the same boat.

phototec

Your head replacement guarantee is iffy at best.

"Concern about the printheads? Give us a solid proof that our ink was the reason that made your printhead goes bad. We will replace it free of charge. Because Bordeaux inks simply don't damage the printheads."

If you really want to sell your ink, than your guarantee should be 100% iron clad, not iffy!!!!!

We believe in our ink so strongly, if using our inks causes damage to your print head, we will replace them, period!!!!!

Waiting?????????:noway:

splizaat

hahaha, a review of two products by a company who only sells one of them. And this is not biased, how?

I run OEM ink only. The only thing aftermarket I use is bordeaux cleaning solution. So I'm neutral here because I could care less either way...but thanks for the good laugh.

premiercolour

Merchant Member
Folks:
on my way to make a fortune converting one 1204.

We say what we mean. We used to be one of only Jetbest resellers that doesn't do signs. See we are sign shop friendly.

I don't care which printer you use. Printhead is consumable and will go out in most likely 2 years. We don't want to sell a bottle of Bordeaux 1L jug to pay out $1,000 dx4 printhead. There are people like that out there. To qualify replacement of the Printhead, I'll post something up later from Bordeaux in writing. The truth is so many people use Bordeaux, the ink will not effect the performance of the Printhead. So if you can provide a solid proof, I want to know what it is. Was that a head strike caused by one of your employees who didn't tell you and point at the cartridge. It is the ink! Was it because you want to save $400 installation by a certified tech so you did it without turning off the power? It's the ink! Was it because when you pull the damper, a tiny bit of ink dropped on the board of the head? Was it because you never change the damper and didn't know dampers need to be changed every 6-8 months from factory so you said it is the ink! Now our ink fried your Printhead and motherboard and destroyed the life of yours. Let's go to California and get Francis!

We recently replaced one brand new $4,000 spectra printhead for a customer who uses NUR. Sent it to spectra. Guess what? No issue was found. Why we replace for them? Because they are local and we stand behind our products. In this case, we don't have knowledge on NUR, we can only bite the bullet.

Like I always said (Francis). If you are using less than a set of 440, stay with OEM. If you are using four liters a day, give us a call. The savings will buy you many many new printheads.

Yours,

:peace!:

player

Folks:

We say what we mean. We used to be one of only Jetbest resellers that doesn't do signs. See we are sign shop friendly.

I don't care which printer you use. Printhead is consumable and will go out in most likely 2 years. We don't want to sell a bottle of Bordeaux 1L jug to pay out $1,000 dx4 printhead. There are people like that out there. To qualify replacement of the Printhead, I'll post something up later from Bordeaux in writing. The truth is so many people use Bordeaux, the ink will not effect the performance of the Printhead. So if you can provide a solid proof, I want to know what it is. Was that a head strike caused by one of your employees who didn't tell you and point at the cartridge. It is the ink! Was it because you want to save $400 installation by a certified tech so you did it without turning off the power? It's the ink! Was it because when you pull the damper, a tiny bit of ink dropped on the board of the head? Was it because you never change the damper and didn't know dampers need to be changed every 6-8 months from factory so you said it is the ink! Now our ink fried your Printhead and motherboard and destroyed the life of yours. Let's go to California and get Francis!

We recently replaced one brand new $4,000 spectra printhead for a customer who uses NUR. Sent it to spectra. Guess what? No issue was found. Why we replace for them? Because they are local and we stand behind our products. In this case, we don't have knowledge on NUR, we can only bite the bullet.

Like I always said (Francis). If you are using less than a set of 440, stay with OEM. If you are using four liters a day, give us a call. The savings will buy you many many new printheads.

Yours,

I have had print heads for many years. They are not going to go out in 2 years unless you use 3rd party inks, which are not formulated the same as OEM so they cause problems. If you are printing so much that in 1 or 2 years you are saving 10 times the cost of head replacement, then it may be worth the aggravation. If not, you will just trade your ink expense for head and service expense.

As far as solid proof, I would like to know what proof you need to replace the head. How do we find this proof? Sounds like you already have a ton of excuses ready to go as to why you will not replace the head. There are just way too many examples of major issues with 3rd party inks to consider it. Especially with your double talking head replacement or non replacement full of reasons not to warranty.

phototec

Folks:

Yours,

With you long laundry list of reasons why you will NOT pay for a head replacement, I would assume that you have NEVER actually replaced a DX4 print head, because you can always find an excuse NOT to!

:omg:

premiercolour

Merchant Member
With you long laundry list of reasons why you will NOT pay for a head replacement, I would assume that you have NEVER actually replaced a DX4 print head, because you can always find an excuse NOT to!

We buy used and refurnished printers to bundle with our inks. I myself know how to calibrate roland printers to the factory spec. Buy 100L, I'll give you 1 new head In the box shipped to you. Buy 300 liters, let me put couple xc540s in your shop - free of charge.

get your po ready. Let's get down to business.

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
I have had print heads for many years. They are not going to go out in 2 years unless you use 3rd party inks, which are not formulated the same as OEM so they cause problems.........

I'll say that this is flat out false..... In the past dozen or so years I have only used OEM inks for literally a few months. Tried a few lesser know unproven third party brands early on trying to be as cheap as possible and yes, those were the nightmares you read about. We have run Triangle for many years now and the heads ink our Mimaki last every bit as long as anyone else's. The current DX5 head in our JV33 is going on 2 years now and has an absolute 100% perfect test print. While we do not use Bordeaux I am very familiar with them. Bordeaux, Triangle, Nazdar and a couple of other brands are very very well proven and are the top brands of third party inks for wide and grand format. They have been around for many years. Some of these companies are also behind the scenes as the actual company who makes your OEM ink and slaps a Mimaki, Roland, Mutoh, etc label on the cartridge....

Bordeaux is also one of the very few companies who understand bulk systems well enough to know that a totally sealed ink bad system is the best way to go. Just as the factory Mimaki MBIS bulk system is..... We have Triangles sealed bulk system that uses 2 liter ink bags. It's fantastic, the ink is never exposed to air, no odd pressures are put on the ink train, zero spills, zero plastic cartridges piling up in the shop and (eventually a landfill), zero worries about unattended overnight printing running a color out of ink, we also have a slightly better gamut than OEM ink, and my ink costs are less than half of OEM. Granted, we do print a lot though, we are just finishing up wrapping 26 assorted vehicles for a heat and air company over a 2 month period and are in the middle of fully wrapping 13 city buses also over a 2 month period. As he said though, if you are only using a few 440ml cartridges a month, stay with OEM. If you are running a lot, then you might want to check into third party bulk.

Yes - some unproven inks from some companies will definitely cause problems. Those companies have not done the many years of R&D that the top ink companies have done and have not bothered buying printers just to run their inks non-stop to be certain they will work perfect. Once in a while you will find Triangle, Bordeaux, etc selling a used printer.... they did not have it so they could print some banners for themselves.

splizaat

LOL i was just thinking that. So when someone calls do you give them the third degree and ask open ended questions that you know have correct answers like "when was the last time you swapped your dampers out?" Customer then replies "oh like a year ago, since they didn't need replacing" and BAM....no warranty because "sir, did you know you're supposed to swap dampers every 6 months? that's the problem."

I'll say it one more time -- YOU CAN'T REVIEW SOMETHING YOU SELL...IT'S BIASED. lol

Now let's really get to business, if I buy $25k worth the ink, you're going to give me my 300liters of ink AND a couple of Roland XC540s? That's a good deal! Diarrhea of the mouth is bad for business...

Bly

I don't really have a dog in this fight, this is just my experience.
Don't care if you stick to OEM or not... but I certainly will pocket the savings.

I've used Bordeaux in two Rolands, one from new, and haven't had to replace a head yet.
Cartridges, not bulk systems.
We're not bulk users so the cartridges are perfect.

premiercolour

Merchant Member
Thank you for the kind reference words.

We would put the XC540s in your shop to print. Not to give away. Anyway, do what you got to do. We do what we say. It's a long day. Good night everybody.

You just probably don't know Roland doesn't make ink. Mutoh doesn't make ink. Mimaki doesn't make ink. So one company or two companies in the world knows how to make eco solvent ink? The invalid ink was the importers who pay $10 a liter, gain fast cash and take off. We are in business for 6th year.

We follow through our ink customers feedbacks every time we had a chance to speak to our customers. We have five machines for testing. Lots of feedbacks. We know the product or we don't sell it. I'm sorry if I offended you in any way. But yes I really would like to put two XC540s in someone's shop if they buy 300 liters a month.

Desert_Signs

But yes I really would like to put two XC540s in someone's shop if they buy 300 liters a month.

Ahh, thats not what you said. You said "Buy 300 liters of ink and let me put a couple XC-540's in your shop, free of charge".

So, if I order 300 liters of ink tomorrow, when will the XC-540's show up?

heyskull

I have been running Jetbest inks through our Valuejet for nearly 3 years now.
Absolutley perfect and a massive saving on OEM.
As far as scratch resistance I can only say they are as good as OEM or maybe slightly better.
Anyway if you don't want it to scratch, laminate it.
Fade resistance is just as good as original stuff.

SC

gnemmas

He said if you buy 300 liter of ink "a month" he will put two printer in your shop free of charge.

It is no lie!

Bulk ink: $100 (per liter) x 300 liter = $30,000/month.

Cartridge: $87 (per 440ml) x 300 liter = $59,318.15/month

Cost difference: $29,318.15 per month

Desk top printer mfgs have been doing that for decades! Free or next to nothing printer, make money on consumables!