• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

dont kno what to get!-

John362

alright im new to this whole thing amd i am wondering what to get
i am a helmet painter and i would like to get a plotter to make just little names and numbers and some design stuff to help me finish the helmets faste.
i have adobe illustrator but i am wondering what other software i need to cut vynil
and i have also been looking at the roland stika sv-15????
what do yall think????

thanks
john362

John362

would i just have to export to the software that comes with it from illustrator?

and do u know if the stika is good?
because i will mainly be using specialty vynils like the engine turded gold and diamond plate ect.....

cdiesel

I believe the stika is a stepper machine. I'd say spend a few extra bucks and get a servo motor plotter. It'll operate smoother, and I imagine you doing a lot of small stuff. Small and smooth cuts are easier to work with.

Charlie J

I had a stika 12 and the software that comes with it is confusing. I used it with flexi and it ran great.

Ken

I started with a Stika 12 machine, and was pretty impressed by what that little machine could do. I still have it and will one day use it as a mobile cutter paired with a laptop. Highly portable.(transportable) I was able to cut directly from Corel 8 with it. But now you can buy a decent 24 inch machine for about the same price and I would go that route.
Ken