• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Don't want heat on for regular cut vinyl

Signguy100

Hey folks,

I am running a Roland SP 300i machine and don't want the heater to come on when just cutting vinyl. Is it possible to send the files without needing to heat the machine prior to cutting ? I was using a Gold polyester film from Oracal and the heat kept welding it back together after it was cut.

Thanks

Signguy100

Thanks for the help

I looked at the front panel and in the heat conf screen, you can toggle up or down the temp but is there a "heat on or heaters off" selection. No big deal to toggle it down, just wondered.

Thanks again

niksagkram

In Versaworks, under Printer Controls/Heater Controls/Use Custom Settings you can uncheck your heaters (pre/print/dryer). This will override the printer settings for that job.

w2csa

On the front pane, I think toggling is the only way.
In my Wasatch RIP you can turn the heat off as well.

Mike Paul

Super Active Member
You can set the heat settings on the printer panel or from VersaWorks.
Turn off heat on the printer panel and check your setting in V/W and make sure its turned off.

shoresigns

No idea why Versaworks doesn't turn the heat off automatically when you select the "Cut Only" setting. You have to switch your heat settings to Custom and then uncheck all three to OFF.