• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Don't wrap but need help on personal project please?

fedoraoriginali

Hi everyone, I am decorating our new(old) boat and need some help. I am using Avery Premium cast vinyl for the decal and want to extend a section to wrap over the boat's edge on the top. The problem is that there are chrome gadgets that I want to wrap around. Once I apply the decal can I remove the application paper from the top section and wrap the edge? I know that it will not stretch like proper wrapping vinyl but do you think I can get a satisfactory result? Any tips?
Thanks
Dora Signs101_zpsc1dec320.jpg

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
If it is a cast film it will stretch and conform similar to a "wrap" film.
The advantages wrap films have are the air release channels to allow air to escape & low initial tac so the material can be repositioned without getting stuck on contact.
You will be able get it to lay down with a little heat and some work.

wayne k
guam usa

Your lower graphic seems like it is facing the the wrong way to go with the flow of lines on the boat.

Dennis422

If it is a cast film it will stretch and conform similar to a "wrap" film.

Your lower graphic seems like it is facing the the wrong way to go with the flow of lines on the boat.

I wanted to ask the same thing. Will you be going backwards all the time.
It seams that those flames should be going the other way :)

omgsideburns

I actually thought it was clever to use flames backwards and blue like they were waves.. but then I saw they were going different directions top and bottom. Good luck dude!

:Sleeping:

Don't be afraid to use a little water with couple of drops of baby shampoo. if your surface temp is hot the cast will be hard to work with. On a hot day, on fiberglass the water pushes out easy and makes for a nice application. Just keep the areas where you are trying to tuck and conform the vinyl Dry, and use a little heat and it will tuck nice. I would remove anything that can easly be removed for a better application. and less trimming.