Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Don't wrap but need help on personal project please?

Discussion in 'Vehicle Wraps' started by fedoraoriginali, May 8, 2013.

1. fedoraoriginali

fedoraoriginali New Member

Nov 6, 2011
    Hi everyone, I am decorating our new(old) boat and need some help. I am using Avery Premium cast vinyl for the decal and want to extend a section to wrap over the boat's edge on the top. The problem is that there are chrome gadgets that I want to wrap around. Once I apply the decal can I remove the application paper from the top section and wrap the edge? I know that it will not stretch like proper wrapping vinyl but do you think I can get a satisfactory result? Any tips?
    Thanks
    Dora Signs101_zpsc1dec320.jpg

Tags:
  2. GAC05

GAC05 Major Contributor

Dec 27, 2005
    Guam USA
    If it is a cast film it will stretch and conform similar to a "wrap" film.
    The advantages wrap films have are the air release channels to allow air to escape & low initial tac so the material can be repositioned without getting stuck on contact.
    You will be able get it to lay down with a little heat and some work.

wayne k
    guam usa

Your lower graphic seems like it is facing the the wrong way to go with the flow of lines on the boat.

3. fedoraoriginali

fedoraoriginali New Member

Nov 6, 2011
    Thank you

Thanks for your answer and yes, you are right about the design! Back to fix Grrrr!

4. DKgrafix

DKgrafix Very Active Member

I wanted to ask the same thing. Will you be going backwards all the time.
    It seams that those flames should be going the other way :)

5. omgsideburns

omgsideburns Very Active Member

Apr 15, 2008
    I actually thought it was clever to use flames backwards and blue like they were waves.. but then I saw they were going different directions top and bottom. Good luck dude!

:Sleeping:

6. Don't be afraid to use a little water with couple of drops of baby shampoo. if your surface temp is hot the cast will be hard to work with. On a hot day, on fiberglass the water pushes out easy and makes for a nice application. Just keep the areas where you are trying to tuck and conform the vinyl Dry, and use a little heat and it will tuck nice. I would remove anything that can easly be removed for a better application. and less trimming.