• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Don't you just love it when....

John Butto

sued

Had a customer years ago that wanted me to do a large job for him and after telling him the price, which he thought was to high, went to someone else to accomplish the work. Months go by and one morning I get served with a lawsuit that stated that since I did not do the job and since he went to someone else and they destroyed the job up and he lost thousands of dollars, he is blaming me for not doing the job for him and overcharging. Believe me, this is a true story and I ended up paying $2500 to a lawyer to get it thrown out of court. To top it off this same guy comes back to me after all that has happened and wants me to do some more work for him. The only good thing that came out of this is when someone told me he had died and a smile crossed my face. So my point is: if the customer comes back to you after getting subpar work from someone else, and not blaming you for his mistake, take pride that you do good work and tell him "thank you" for his business as you hand him the bill.

AUTO-FX

Had a customer years ago that wanted me to do a large job for him and after telling him the price, which he thought was to high, went to someone else to accomplish the work. Months go by and one morning I get served with a lawsuit that stated that since I did not do the job and since he went to someone else and they destroyed the job up and he lost thousands of dollars, he is blaming me for not doing the job for him and overcharging. Believe me, this is a true story and I ended up paying $2500 to a lawyer to get it thrown out of court. To top it off this same guy comes back to me after all that has happened and wants me to do some more work for him. The only good thing that came out of this is when someone told me he had died and a smile crossed my face. So my point is: if the customer comes back to you after getting subpar work from someone else, and not blaming you for his mistake, take pride that you do good work and tell him "thank you" for his business as you hand him the bill.

That is beyond stupid. What the F is the matter with people.
And Border, I also applaud your integrity.

RobbyMac

The part that gets me is, clients that act like this tend to be the same ones who argue their services as being quality work... Plumbers, heating and cooling guys, etc, will all balk at subpar work and talk about how you get what you pay for. then they turn around and do the same thing their customers are doing, but to us instead...
I gotta post this pic from a contractor who brought us a photo of his box truck... the barely legible curling and cracked vinyl states "Quality doesn't cost... it pays!" lol