• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Door Handle Removal

kylebrk

bob said:
It's every bit as far from doing signs as well.

Providing a better product with minimal effort has nothing to do with signs. It has everything to do with customer service and reputation. My shop is in central Indiana. I just got a call yesterday from a guy in Wisconsin that was in town over the weekend and saw one of my trucks. He's driving down a truck and a trailer for me to wrap because he loved what he saw.

It's my job to know how to turn out a fantastic wrap. It's my job to provide the fantastic wrap. The customers only job is to pay. Not run over town doing my errands.

HulkSmash

:thankyou: Coloradosigns understands the show.

We don't remove everything to make our lives more difficult... we remove everything to make the install much easier, faster and smoother. We also remove everything to ensure fewer edges are exposed to the elements causing premature failure. We also remove everything because it allows us to run blades primarily in areas that will never be seen. That actually results in far less risk for us. We remove everything because it results in a better looking product. We remove everything because that's the way we choose to do it. You may choose not to remove anything. That's fine. Variety is the spice of life and people need options. We tend to like the options we have to offer. It's just a choice you have to make. There truly is no right or wrong answer. The fact of the matter is, ProWraps is the only poophead around these parts.

:goodpost: ... Takes about 2 minutes to remove lights and mirrors, makes life so much easier, and results in a much better wrap. It's the quality that brings customers back for more.. we strive to be the best, and I think we're really close.

And yeah prowraps is more of a diarrhea head

Mike Paul

Super Active Member
Charge them? You're going to charge a customer to produce a better quality product with hidden edges. and 90% of the time when you remove something you can do the wrap much faster.... nope not charging for that.

If it saves you time I can see your point if you only do wraps. What about the guy that want his truck doors and tailgate lettered?
If the customer want nice centered layout on the door or tailgate they sometimes need to come off. I give the custom the option of doing it himself or having me remove them for a fair price. Never had someone question it in 20+ years until now... No free truck washes here either; bring it in clean or get charged.

HulkSmash

If it saves you time I can see your point if you only do wraps. What about the guy that want his truck doors and tailgate lettered?
If the customer want nice centered layout on the door or tailgate they sometimes need to come off. I give the custom the option of doing it himself or having me remove them for a fair price. Never had someone question it in 20+ years until now... No free truck washes here either; bring it in clean or get charged.

I understand the whole clean thing. We charge for wraps under 500. Anything over, i guess you can call it a courtesy. But i wouldn't charge for removing badges, to make a better product. I can't justify it.

johnnysigns

Tails and mirrors get pulled, but handles stay 90% of the time on my stuff. I've taken handles off in the past, but if it's not a car I'm familiar with and can do quickly I just deal with them in place.

kylebrk

Mike Paul said:

Lettering isn't wrapping. I do agree about the car wash!

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
If you ask me the emblem is a sign in itself. I don't see it far at all. Unfastening and/or refastening of the emblem/decal/SIGN is in my book the same as sign removal and/or installation.

..and at long last, a hands down winner in the tortured reasoning and ridiculous rationalization competitions. Wow...

As sometimes heard in first year law classes: "if a tail is a leg, how many legs does a cow have?"...

The answer is four. Calling a tail a leg does not make it a leg. Only a damnfool would reason otherwise.