• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Dot Gradients in Flexi?

BSL Graphix

hello, new here, love this site, very informative. I'm new to the large format printing world and designing, so I have a stupid question. I've only ever really used flexi to do my designing and printing and was wondering if it is possible to do the "dot gradient" pattern that I see being used. Or is that only able to be done in corel or adobe? thanks!

FrankW

You can create dot pattern gradient when outputting to the printer with using "Angled Screen"-Dithering (set up in . The size of the dots depends on the settings for dots per inch and so on.

BSL Graphix

yes i guess like halftone...it looks like dots that get smaller and further away from each other to give the look of a fade?

FrankW

In the color management tab of Production Manager or RIP & Print, you have a PopUp-Menu named "Dither" or "Dither Type". There you can select "Angled Screen". When clicking on the Button "Settings", you can set the resolution and other data manually.

RiXaX

I found the Angled Screen setting you mentioned. How do I see the dot pattern on my screen before sending to the printer?