• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Dots look misaligned in a print test - SP540V

caracal_77

Guys,

Any help will be appreciated.

Basically we started seeing banding in our prints. We noticed the test print looks different than what it used to be, especially at the black section (some dots looks as if they not at the right place).

We tried to do normal cleanning, medium cleaning and powerful cleanning (once), all did't make any difference.

See attached picture. Is there anything I can do to get this to look better?

Thanks, Guy.

Attachments

• SP540V Head Dots.jpg
    SP540V Head Dots.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 73

jasonx

You got deflection in your nozzles. Maybe try soaking the cyan/black head to see if it can be recovered. Worst case you'll need a new head. When we had our SP we had to do this.

caracal_77

You got deflection in your nozzles. Maybe try soaking the cyan/black head to see if it can be recovered. Worst case you'll need a new head. When we had our SP we had to do this.

Thanks Jason. Antwhere I can get a procedure or good instructions for soaking the heads?
I only see a problem at the black (K) section.

jasonx

Hey Caracal,

I'm sure someone on here will post it. It tends to happen on the black portion of the cyan/black head. Usually head strikes and the black ink take its toll. The head is split into two so cyan and black come out of the same head but are on different sides.

caracal_77

Forgot to mention that the printer is still under manufacturer warranty (it's 3 months old...). Maybe would be wise to call them and see what they do.