• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Dotted Solids

wedosigns

I have recently seen a lot of bus wraps with the solid colors all in coloured circles, like what you do in silk screening. I just do not know that name of the technique, or how to do it. I am thinking it would be a texture I could use in ps, but could be way off base.
On these buses the circles are large to small to create a gradient effect to the next color.
I would like to know the name of this effect, or better yet a quick lesson if someone has the time.
Thanks in advance.

JoshLoring

There are some halftone swatches built into illustrator. Swatches > patterns > dots
Use it to fill your circle > flatten transparency 100% vector > expand appearance > fill with your gradient

There's another couple steps which might involve dividing the halftones with pathfinder > select same color with one of the dots > merge > copy > undo > undo undo > delete > paste in front

But.. Since I'm not at my comp I can't remember!

This should be a good start lol.

wedosigns

Thank You, Thank You!!!
I knew it was somrthing simple.
Can I make the circles large to smaller to bend into the next colour?