• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

double cuts in flexi

gabagoo

I have an issue with Photoprint which is a stripped down version of Flexi. If I bring in lets say multiple signs to be printed and in this case they are multiple as there are different lot numbers on each sign. I put a black key line around each sign (hairline) and when I am in Photoprint I grab them all and go under arange and use the "make contour" The strange thing is in some cases it seems to make the change and sometimes it ignores some of the panels so I have to try again. I know when it has made the change as the keyline goes from black to grey. I try the ones it seemed to miss again and then they too turn grey. Now what it actually has done with those that it seemed to miss is actually put a double cut on the same spot. So My question is this. Is there a way to isolate just the double cuts as opposed to going through each sign (65) and finding them slowly one at a time?

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
This has been an onging problem in Illustrator ... first I've heard about it in any Flexi product. It shows up there with extra vectors on compounded objects after they have been welded to another object.

There are a couple of free plugins for Illustrator that provide an efficient way to find and remove these defects. So what I'm saying is that if you have or want to acquire a copy of Illustrator 10, CS, CS2 or CS3, I can point you to those plugins and how to use them.