• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

double dongled???

cardfan4342

Been a while but hello all! I have recently upgraded to flexi pro 10. I installed the new dongle on a windows xp machine along side a Gerber dongle ver 2.5 (older version), The dongles are of the same manufacturer but require different drivers and am not able to run both drivers. Is there a work around? Dont really want to upgrade the Gerber but am still attached after 15-20 years of comfort. I am really a techno tard but feel like there should be a way. Thanks in advance.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
I can't promise you this will work but I went through this recently in reverse of your situation. I had a stable pair of installs of Omega 3 and Flexi 8.6.2. When I installed an upgrade to Omega 5, it worked fine but the Flexi would no longer launch successfully.

This is what Flexi support told me to do ... which worked. You will need to reverse the names for you situation.

- Remove all usb keys from the computer
- Uninstall all safenet drivers from your computer
- Restart the computer
- Reinstall Flexi 8.6v2, using the safenet driver from the installer
- Connect the Flexi usb key only
- Open Flexi, and it should work
- If Flexi does not open, reinstall the safenet driver by itself. NOTE: You may need to go to the safenet site and download thatever driver would be appropriate for your version.

- Restart the computer, and open Flexi again
If you don't update the key with Omega's driver, Flexi will continue to work.

Hope this helps.