• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

#$%^ Double Sided Banner Tape!

Angela

I am using Oracal 1" double sided banner tape. Unless there is some formula to folding the banner over that I am not aware of, the fold does not adhere. It will stick for a short while, but I made a banner yesterday at 3pm, I came in this morning and sure enough the fold was bubbly. Any advice is appreciated. I am thinking an iron? :frustrated:

TheSnowman

It's not that hard...you must have a bad roll of tape. I use Takit from Fellers and some other brand from Advantage, but over all the different ones I've used over there years, I've never had one that didn't stick. Get yourself a new roll and you'll be done swearing.

njshorts

We've used it with good results, but have since switched to speedpress's offering.

A tip: make sure once you've folded and adhered, use a roller (we use a 18" J roller) to go over all of the folds with a good bit of pressure- helps a lot.

sghobbies

It is a pressure sensitive adhesive. We use a 3M gold squeegee with velcro on one side to apply pressure after we've folded the hem.

It is a pressure sensitive adhesive. We use a 3M gold squeegee with velcro on one side to apply pressure after we've folded the hem.

Same here.. a good deal of firm intial pressure is a must. I actually use the squeege flat and apply the pressure with the 2 humps that are located on the center to the squeegee to get optimal pressure with out scaring my squeegees edges.

slappy

well, depending if you have prepped the banner and are smoothing the folded area, then there is a formula...

clean the area you want to put tape to first... then, with a 2" wide ruler,,, hold it close to the edge of the banner and draw a line on the banner with a stabilo pencil... align your tape next to this mark so when you fold the material, your straight.... then take your squeegee or roller wheel and run that over so you flatten the folded portion, repeat a few and you should be good :)

We've been using Oracal 1" hem tape for over 5 years now and never had a failure. We use a small palm brayer instead of a squeeggee to press the hems down. Works great.