• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Double sided banners issues - Roland Versacamm SP-300V

Mikesbales

Banners make up about 0.001% of my business but a regular customer wants a double sided banner (17" x 54") So when I print side #1 and flip over the material I can't seem to get them to line up (the top lines up perfect, the its just the one side will be too far left or right). My question is this: Is there a simple solution to getting the front and back sides to line up? Or is it just a trial and error thing? Also, I'm using versaworks if that makes a difference. Thank you in advance.

If this is in the wrong place let me know and I'll move it.

thewvsignguy

I would print the same design twice on one side of your material. Trim, hem tape half of the back fold in half then grommet!

Behrmon

Pr. Bear-Mon
Base point your banner material at the end of the output platen. Measure the distance from he edge of your material to the begging of the print (prob about 15.5'), trim your banner at the end of the print that same amount, reload your material and base point in the same spot > print.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Base point your banner material at the end of the output platen. Measure the distance from he edge of your material to the begging of the print (prob about 15.5'), trim your banner at the end of the print that same amount, reload your material and base point in the same spot > print.

The right idea but a better way is to mark the end and right edge of the banner material on the platen with a couple of pieces of masking tape. Do this before you start to print the first side. Print the first side and run a sufficient trailer of banner material out to clear any sensors etc. before you cut the material. The leading and trailing edges for the first side will also be the leading and trailing edges for the second side. Now flip the print image so the leading edge is the first image trailing edge and the top of the image . You need to make especially sure that the distance from the bottom of the first and second side images to the edge of the banner material is exactly the same. Reload the material with the first face down and line up the leading and right edges with the masking tape. Print the second side. Id you've done everything properly, the second side image will be in exactly the same position as the first side image with only the right and left swapped.

It helps to make a small paper sample with the same simple image on each side in order to visualize just what you're trying to do here.

Mikesbales

Thanks guys. I wouldn't be able to fit both sides on a single length of material (its just a bit too narrow for that) so I just measured everything out and the second side is printing now and it appears to be a perfect match (fingers crossed). Thanks again!

sam gha

MDGS
Banners make up about 0.001% of my business but a regular customer wants a double sided banner (17" x 54") So when I print side #1 and flip over the material I can't seem to get them to line up (the top lines up perfect, the its just the one side will be too far left or right). My question is this: Is there a simple solution to getting the front and back sides to line up? Or is it just a trial and error thing? Also, I'm using versaworks if that makes a difference. Thank you in advance.

If this is in the wrong place let me know and I'll move it.

The best way, in my opinion is to put a small mark with needle on the first side, especially if you printing on scrim banner material [FONT=arial, sans-serif]block-out , [/FONT][FONT=arial, sans-serif]I tried that before, base point your point to start first side, finish your printing, flip material after measuring distance from the edge of your material to the base point, mark on the same level and start base point with printing second side.
Hope this will work [/FONT]

Andy D

We don't offer double sided banners, too much time wasted trying to save a few $
worth of material. We print two single sided banners, this saves us time and gives the customer a better product
that gives them more options.

Bretbyron

We don't offer double sided banners, too much time wasted trying to save a few $
worth of material. We print two single sided banners, this saves us time and gives the customer a better product
that gives them more options.

^^^^This and I give a little multiple sign discount.

PS: On banners I always center print to page.