• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Double Sided Opaque Shapecut Graphics

Kimberly Hiles

DarkerKat
Client wants to copy existing graphics they have at an office in NY to a new office here in NC. They have sent us photos but have a very hard time explaining how the graphics appear in real life. Working with what we have as far as files and photos of the existing vinyl we have figured out that the graphics are colored on both sides of the glass, applied to the 2nd surface(only), opaque and she claims it is shape-cut (from looking at the photos I do not believe it is)
Any suggestions on how to achieve this look? Our shop has white ink capabilities but I don't think the white ink alone would be enough to make the graphics opaque and we would still have to align the print perfectly twice to get CMYK on both sides of the white layer. We have also talked about doing stacked prints (one on clear, mirrored and one on blockout or some combo of vinyls) but this would still need to be plotted after and these are large detailed designs.

Attachments

• IMG_0635.jpg
    IMG_0635.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 310
  • 20190318_134205.jpg
    20190318_134205.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 236
Last edited:

myront

CorelDRAW is best
Yep we've done it. We don't have white ink
Print mirror image to clear with bleed, registration marks, and crop marks set about 3" out from the reg marks, laminate with a white vinyl that has white adhesive, cut it at the crop marks. Print another on clear and mirrored the other way with the same crop marks and reg marks, laminate with clear as normal, cut that one at the crop marks, tape the first one face down on a table and align the other face up on top, hinge and stick them together.
...something like that.

Bly

Full sheets of optically clear - colour/white/colour.
What printer are you using?
It won't matter that the white isn't super opaque for this application.

Kimberly Hiles

DarkerKat
Full sheets of optically clear - colour/white/colour.
What printer are you using?
It won't matter that the white isn't super opaque for this application.
Yep, we finally convinced the client that they were full panels of clear vinyl. We have an HP flatbed with white ink but with thin clear vinyl getting it registered for the second color print is not working out great.