• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Double sided printing alignment

MMPLarge Format

Here we go again with a double sided headache. So i print side a and everything is fine, unload the material and flip it to print side b. For some reason its almost like its printing side b smaller than side a. As seen in the photos if i cut, not to the bleed but to just the edge of the print on a side, there is a quarter inch space of white until it gets to the print on side b. But on the opposite side, cutting again to the edge of the print, everything lines up. But at the same time almost none of the crop marks line up. Is Onyx RIP software shrinking the Side B file somehow? Am I pressing something i don't notice? Very frustrating that HP 360 advertises double sided printing but I can't get it to work for anything. Not using takeup reel. Feeding it by hand and the skew is near perfect. Don't understand what I'm doing wrong here.

Attachments

• IMG_0333.JPG
    IMG_0333.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 364
  • IMG_0337.JPG
    IMG_0337.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 270
  • IMG_0334.JPG
    IMG_0334.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 255
  • IMG_0335.JPG
    IMG_0335.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 260
  • IMG_0336.JPG
    IMG_0336.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 249

greysquirrel

It works better from the roll. Onyx should not be reducing any sizes unless you are working from a quickset. You should confirm the file size is correct on each side. What is your justification out of Onyx? I always justify center.

TrustMoore_TN

Sign & Graphics Business Consultant
Any chance the media is shrinking from the heat? I thought that HP had built in compensation for that but I could be wrong.

MMPLarge Format

It works better from the roll. Onyx should not be reducing any sizes unless you are working from a quickset. You should confirm the file size is correct on each side. What is your justification out of Onyx? I always justify center.
Justification is on center. I am working from a quickset though. Can working from a quickset cause issues like that?

BlueMoonATL, I don't think so cause then both sides would shrink right? It seems like Side B shrinks but still aligns to one side? Just doesn't make any sense to me.

MMPLarge Format

But isn't going through a quick set literally the only way that you can print double sided? Cause you have to go into the quick set to select the Side A option.

Dan360

But isn't going through a quick set literally the only way that you can print double sided? Cause you have to go into the quick set to select the Side A option.

You can choose double sided printing in the job editor, printer icon with the cog at the top > workflow > edit printer settings.

But in my experience the double sided printing on the 360 isn't perfect, tolerances aren't there for a job like this. Works for banner because you can accommodate for the misregistry, but those are smaller than anything we've done. Though I've never seen a job line up perfectly on the 360.

MMPLarge Format

You can choose double sided printing in the job editor, printer icon with the cog at the top > workflow > edit printer settings.

But in my experience the double sided printing on the 360 isn't perfect, tolerances aren't there for a job like this. Works for banner because you can accommodate for the misregistry, but those are smaller than anything we've done. Though I've never seen a job line up perfectly on the 360.

Ohhh okay. That would make sense, I've never really looked for it in there before, I'll give it a try and see if it makes a difference at all.

MMPLarge Format

Is the back side still printing with bleed?

Yeah its the same file and dimensions for both sides it just seems like its shrinking it some how. I even measured one side verses the other and for some reason a singular piece was shrunk down by an 1/8 of an inch. So each piece being shrunk down that much is probably whats causing the quarter to half inch gap that I've been getting.

MMPLarge Format

Tried it with the Job Editor and it seemed to help a little bit. It seems that Side B didn't shrink nearly as much but unfortunately it still did.

chromira

It seems like the center is not the center of the paper but the center of the print area determined by the loading.