• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Double Sided Route Tape Source

GB2

Old Member
Does anybody have a source for a good quality economical double sided tape for router use? I had been using some Intertape 592 in 2" version but I can't seem to find any anywhere now, except one place that is super expensive. I'd probably be looking to step down to a 1" tape if anybody knows a good place to get it....Thanks!

iSign

we use a carpet tape.
I can't get to the details right now Gary, but send me an email & I'll look it up. (we get 1/2" and 2")

signage

Gary you might want to contact TechnoCharlie, he had some at Gino's! He is also close to you I think!

well that is too weird...i posted right after you...saw the post with my own eyes..and it's not there any more.

weird

ok so this time i guess i wont include the source to purchase it from..i prefer double sided masking tape over carpet tape, but have used carpet tape in a pinch.

GB2

Old Member
Dan....you won't include the source? That was the whole question.....

Good thought Doug, as "carpet tape" is basically the same product though you're probably never sure exactly what you're getting.

Thank you Brian, another good referral as TechnoCharlie was instrumental in my using the Intertape 592 in the first place. With any luck he'll chime in here.

iSign

well that is too weird...i posted right after you...saw the post with my own eyes..and it's not there any more.

weird

ok so this time i guess i wont include the source to purchase it from..i prefer double sided masking tape over carpet tape, but have used carpet tape in a pinch.
weird stuff happens... I've had the same thing happen... but nobody deletes posts here without explanation, and certainly not for revealing sources of sign supplies... not that you said that, but in case it seemed that way to anyone. it doesn't happen, unless the odd random computer glitch gets a post here or there...

RanchoMattPS

Router Tape

McMaster-Carr sells a double-sided masking tape that works great, I use it everyday. I believe that the brand is intertape

Matt
Sign*A*Rama
Palm Desert, CA

GB2

Old Member
Well, I'm glad you revived this thread because I never saw Charlie's recommendation until now so I just ordered a roll of Polyken 105C Multi-Purpose Double Coated Carpet Tape to give it a try. I was able to get the Intertape 591 from Robinson Tape and Label http://www.robinsontapeandlabel.com after much difficulty in searching for it. I think that tape works great and I'll be surprised if any other one is better.

iSign

Well, I'm glad you revived this thread because I never saw Charlie's recommendation until now so I just ordered a roll of Polyken 105C Multi-Purpose Double Coated Carpet Tape to give it a try. I was able to get the Intertape 591 from Robinson Tape and Label http://www.robinsontapeandlabel.com after much difficulty in searching for it. I think that tape works great and I'll be surprised if any other one is better.

me too... what I got works... but I'll need more soon & who knows if something else is better, unless I explore!