• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Double sided Vinyl Decals

jbona

Hello everyone,

I just received a sample of some double-sided vinyl decals with a low tack adhesive on one side, that the client uses to attach to windows. It is laminated on one side and has a peel off backer on the other that when removed exposes the other side of the print. This side is also the tack side. I'm not sure what material this is or if it is able to be run through our Vutek QS2 Pro hybrid printer. I'm attaching a pic if it helps. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated! photo.jpg

MikePro

looks like a double-sided print (my hp26500 has this feature) on polycarbonate, laminated of course, and then laminating mounting adhesive to one side prior to cut/application.

jbona

aren't those usually cling?

or is it actual low tack adhesive?

It doesn't appear to be a traditional cling; its a heavy gauge, even without the laminate. The only way I can think is the aforementioned mirror print on to clear cling, white wash and then regular print. Due the the heavy weight of the stock, I thought it may be some special material but its not looking that way.

Thanks for all the replies

VinylLabs.com

I'm going to have to agree with Mike on this one, if it's a more "carboard-y" feel (it creases) I'd be assuming it was digital printed double sided then flash filled with an adhesive, I'm not doubting the other method, I've done that too, but I think this method is more feasible for a production environment? my 2 cents...

Christian @ 2CT Media

We have it done on a machine that can print white.... Like this: Adhesive Vinyl with Mirrored Color Print, White Print (1 or 2 Layers), Normal Color Print., then laminate. At least that's our experience with doing 2 sided decals.

VinylLabs.com

We have it done on a machine that can print white.... Like this: Adhesive Vinyl with Mirrored Color Print, White Print (1 or 2 Layers), Normal Color Print., then laminate. At least that's our experience with doing 2 sided decals.

first thing I thought of, but he mentioned it was heavy gauge, what heavy gauge clear material is out there? (seriously, I don't know of any, but if you know one let me know)