• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Double sided white on clear?

michsanford

Hi everyone!
I have a client looking for a double sided window graphic.
I have white capabilities with my FB750, and was curious if I could print:

4 color
white between
4 color

I know there are other options to get this finished product, but I'd like to go this route if possible.

If it is possible, how would I set the file up?

Thanks!!!!

Happy New Year!

VISCOM

Hi everyone!
I have a client looking for a double sided window graphic.
I have white capabilities with my FB750, and was curious if I could print:

4 color
white between
4 color

I know there are other options to get this finished product, but I'd like to go this route if possible.

If it is possible, how would I set the file up?

Thanks!!!!

Happy New Year!
this is how we do it Print REV Color 2x spot white / BLACK BOX / 2x white Color Right reading

ChrisN

Yeah, you're going to need some sort of blockout layer. The sun will shine right through the white ink making both sides visible if you don't have one.

I'd do color/white/black/white/color. The additional black layer will prevent most if not all of the sunlight from coming through. This would be printed in 3 passes - color/white, black/white, color (or color/white, black, white/color).

I'm not sure of your setup, but with Caldera you can generate a white layer right at the RIP, which works for most simple graphics. Caldera also has a primitive drawing tool, which can be used to make the black blockout layer at the RIP as well.

michsanford

Yeah, you're going to need some sort of blockout layer. The sun will shine right through the white ink making both sides visible if you don't have one.

I'd do color/white/black/white/color. The additional black layer will prevent most if not all of the sunlight from coming through. This would be printed in 3 passes - color/white, black/white, color (or color/white, black, white/color).

I'm not sure of your setup, but with Caldera you can generate a white layer right at the RIP, which works for most simple graphics. Caldera also has a primitive drawing tool, which can be used to make the black blockout layer at the RIP as well.
Interesting! Thank you.

I never even thought of the black layer.