• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Double Strike on HP 315 Latex...

mjohnsonsa

I have an HP 315 Latex and cannot figure out how to do double strike printing. I read elsewhere that it is done through Flexi under 'Printer Options' and is called 'Print Count' and 'Time Interval' but it is not there. I am using Flexi 19. I am trying to print on clear self-adhesive vinyl for backlit.

Thanks,
Matt

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
I have an HP 315 Latex and cannot figure out how to do double strike printing. I read elsewhere that it is done through Flexi under 'Printer Options' and is called 'Print Count' and 'Time Interval' but it is not there. I am using Flexi 19. I am trying to print on clear self-adhesive vinyl for backlit.

Thanks,
Matt

Not a good idea, why not use backlit film?

Jayefkay531

Thanks,
Matt

I go against the grain on this too...I usually do print on clear media for backlit signs. Not sure if this will help since I have the L360, but there isn't a "double-strike" feature that I know of, but there is a heavier ink saturation which is the same thing. Do you RIP everything out of flexi? I use Onyx and there's a backlit profile that gives me up to 260% saturation.

If this is of no use - just ignore me lol

mjohnsonsa

Not a good idea, why not use backlit film?

I need to adhere it to the Polycarb lens of a light cabinet. The backlit film I have used in the past does not have adhesive and is only made for light boxes with clamps at the edges. So that is why I am using a clear self adhesive vinyl.

Matt

mjohnsonsa

I go against the grain on this too...I usually do print on clear media for backlit signs. Not sure if this will help since I have the L360, but there isn't a "double-strike" feature that I know of, but there is a heavier ink saturation which is the same thing. Do you RIP everything out of flexi? I use Onyx and there's a backlit profile that gives me up to 260% saturation.

If this is of no use - just ignore me lol

I actually do not need Flexi as I load the Illustrator .AI file directly into production manager and then modify the print profile/options from Production manager. I can increase saturation I just read somewhere on this forum before that it is not the same thing to increase saturation as it is do do a double strike print. As I understand it double strike printing is the the best option for backlit signage without going to through the complexity of using a reverse image/double layer print solution.

Matt

Jayefkay531

I actually do not need Flexi as I load the Illustrator .AI file directly into production manager and then modify the print profile/options from Production manager. I can increase saturation I just read somewhere on this forum before that it is not the same thing to increase saturation as it is do do a double strike print. As I understand it double strike printing is the the best option for backlit signage without going to through the complexity of using a reverse image/double layer print solution.

Matt
That's interesting that you were told they were two different things - I was taught that it was one and the same. Actually - I was told that increased saturation is even better because it maintains the color during the daylight as well, while still illuminating at night. With a double-strike, the daylight colors tend to be much darker. Thinking about it logically, 200% saturation (twice the amount of regular ink) to make it dense should use the same as a doublestrike (assuming you get 100% saturation out of each strike).

I've been wrong before and I love this site because I'm always learning, but that's news to me.

mjohnsonsa

I actually talked to HP support and they said that the Latex does not support double strike and just to use the saturation instead. I ran 20 pass with 260% saturation on clear vinyl and it looks pretty good.

The signs I am making are for a nighttime event so they are both temporary and are never seen during day, so the project does not justify using backlit film / double layer. It came out good.

Matt

C

ColoPrinthead

I use Avery 2050 Adhesive backlit with Latex, using extreme saturation profile in Onyx and then manually bump saturation to the max, not sure where the option would be in Flexi.