• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Doublesided Laminate

PushProductions

We currently have a job that requires a full color graphic to be seen through glass. I have seen this done many times and think it greats an awesome look. We have attempted this in the past with pieces around the shop without very much luck. Currently we are using Seal double sided laminate (what our fellers rep recommended). I have seen these done and it looks crystal clear, no bubbles, no streaks. Seems like every attempt at it for us you can see that it didn't adhere fully to the glass. I thought it may be the material we are printing the graphic onto. Currently we are printing onto a roll up anticurl material. Does anyone have any other options?

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
Not understanding the question at all...what does the glass have to do with it if your laminating a banner material?

PushProductions

Here is the proof for out client. All of the lettering and images need to be seen through the glass.(adhered the vinyl to the back of the glass).

Attachments

• Clariant-Proof.jpg
    Clariant-Proof.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 83

J Hill Designs

anti-curl banner (or any banner for that matter) is NOT correct for this application

reverse print on clear, lam white, then contour cut / apply

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
You could also just print on any white substrate and apply a double sided mounting adhesive on top.

pjfmeister

just like everybody else stated...
reverse print on clear. laminate white
apply to to acrylic wet to avoid any imperfections...
Here is one we just did

Attachments

• IMG_3807.jpg
    IMG_3807.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_3806.jpg
    IMG_3806.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 230

lgroth

I use 3M IJ8150 - 2mil optically clear printable vinyl for back mounted graphics, I usually try to run it on our flatbed and flood with white, but when I can't I just laminate it with a white psa vinyl with clear adhesive. For small ones I'll use something like an Oracal 651 series white vinyl as lam.

gabagoo

In the layout you show, I can see the wood grain through the glass...why would you back it up with white? You won't see the wood grain.