Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Doublesided printing on HP 560

Discussion in 'General Signmaking Topics' started by Mariocesar, Jul 29, 2019.

1. Mariocesar

Mariocesar New Member

Jul 16, 2018
    NYC
    Hi, I want to print a doubleside image on vinyl using HP 560 latex machine, I'm sending the file from onyx I create a new quick set adding the doubleside printing feature everything goes fine it prints the image with the black line on top and also gives me a side B file to print the other side, but the problem is when I try to feed the vinyl already printed to start printing side B, since the image is 24" x 36" won't let me, question? how can I feed it as a sheet or how I manage to feed the vinyl to print side B.

Thanks

Mario.

Tags:
  2. Dan360

Dan360 Member

Dec 23, 2014
    Ontario, Canada
    It should forward out a bunch before it starts printing side A, then you'll want to forward out a couple feet before cutting it off. Roll it up on a core and load it normally. Doing one-offs that small is a pain, you gotta waste much more material than you're actually printing.

3. bannertime

bannertime Very Active Member

Sep 8, 2016
    No
    Did you cut the printed part off the roll?

4. Mariocesar

Mariocesar New Member

Jul 16, 2018
    NYC
    1st time I cut but I printed a second one and I did not cut yet.

thx

Mario.

5. bannertime

bannertime Very Active Member

Sep 8, 2016
    No
    We typically just leave it on the roll, unload, flip the roll around, and start the second side. We've done this for runs up to 30ish feet. Now, we use a L330 and those don't have the OMAS or whatever it is. So your workflow may be a tad different.

6. flyplainsdrifta

flyplainsdrifta Active Member

Oct 13, 2017
    ct
    my thing is making sure you feed enough both ways. i recommend 4 feet, which may sound like alot, but it gives me piece of mind that short of any other hiccups i wont be reprinting a street banner. you really really really dont want to get to 95 percent on the second side of a banner only to have the machine force quit due to an end out. truly infuriating.

• Agree Agree x 1