• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Doublesided printing on HP 560

Mariocesar

Hi, I want to print a doubleside image on vinyl using HP 560 latex machine, I'm sending the file from onyx I create a new quick set adding the doubleside printing feature everything goes fine it prints the image with the black line on top and also gives me a side B file to print the other side, but the problem is when I try to feed the vinyl already printed to start printing side B, since the image is 24" x 36" won't let me, question? how can I feed it as a sheet or how I manage to feed the vinyl to print side B.

Thanks

Mario.

Dan360

It should forward out a bunch before it starts printing side A, then you'll want to forward out a couple feet before cutting it off. Roll it up on a core and load it normally. Doing one-offs that small is a pain, you gotta waste much more material than you're actually printing.

bannertime

1st time I cut but I printed a second one and I did not cut yet.

We typically just leave it on the roll, unload, flip the roll around, and start the second side. We've done this for runs up to 30ish feet. Now, we use a L330 and those don't have the OMAS or whatever it is. So your workflow may be a tad different.

flyplainsdrifta

my thing is making sure you feed enough both ways. i recommend 4 feet, which may sound like alot, but it gives me piece of mind that short of any other hiccups i wont be reprinting a street banner. you really really really dont want to get to 95 percent on the second side of a banner only to have the machine force quit due to an end out. truly infuriating.