• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Doughlicious Desserts

GoodPeopleFlags

This is a continuation of my thread "What font pops in your head...". I think I have the font - now I could use some advice. The first one is the new layout. It's not finished but I don't know where to go from here. The second one is the original layout but the scale of the sign changed and I couldn't use the same layout. I'm afraid she is going to insist on the girl image, unless I show her something really cool instead.

Any thoughts?

Attachments

• Doughlicious2.jpg
    Doughlicious2.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 100
  • DoughliciousV3.jpg
    DoughliciousV3.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 86

stickermonkey

I like the one on the left...but add the muffin from the one on the right or something like that. :) Colours are nice together.

Do they specialize in anything ...ie; Cupcakes, muffins, doughnuts??

Jillbeans

Honestly I kind of like the old one better.
Does Doughlicious have to be broken up?
Maybe try desserts in a plain all-caps font.
Love....Jill

GoodPeopleFlags

I like it, too, but the sign went from a 2'x8' to a 3'x8' and I can't stretch it that much and keep it the same. She is also stuck on the girl, but maybe if I can come up with something better she'll go for it.

At first, I had the one on the right with Dough on 1 side and Licious on the other with an oval in the middle and a cupcake. She wanted a "person smelling a cupcake and smiling because maybe it smells good". I couldn't believe I found an image close to that.

So, if the consensus is the one on the right is better, how can I keep that look and increase the height by 50%?

Steve C.

I think the bold script reads much better, but you have too much script.
I like the girl too. After posting the link to Nicks Fonts yesterday I couldn't
resist getting one of his fonts... this one is called Didgeree Doodle.
I chopped your layout down to 3x8 so "desserts is trimmed off, but you get
the idea.

Attachments

• dough.jpg
    dough.jpg
    433.6 KB · Views: 79

signmeup

Cut the girls head off up to her ear. It's a low contrast area anyway.

Attachments

• Dough.jpg
    Dough.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 69