• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Downforce cutting pressure for Roland SP-540V

threeputt

I'm contract print/cutting some Reflective material for another shop. It's also getting a laminate. The test prints and cuts I've made indicate that at speed 15 and downforce of 135gf, I'm not quite cutting through cleanly.

It weeds but not well. My question is, does anyone know what the upper limits of downforce are for this machine? (I'm hesitant to make double pass because of the chance of mis-alignment).

I'm cutting/printing 50 yards of 3M's Reflective CR. And it's 2K per roll so I don't want to mess it up. Nor do I want to hurt the machine with too much download pressure.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Mike Paul

Super Active Member
I cut some laminated Nickolite reflective last week and used 180 with a 60* blade. It cut real nice. Do some small tests because machines will vary depending on the depth your blade is set at.

threeputt

Thanks Mike and Valley.

Does anyone know what the safe maximum setting is? It seems like you can arbitrarily tap any number in the box.