• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Downgrad to XP from Vista..........

gpzjack

I bought my other laptop a while back and picked up one of the last ones they had with xp. My new laptop has vista and i figured i would give it a shot...so far i like it..my only complaint is the constant messages

trakers

Thanks for the link although I consider Vista to XP an upgrade rather than a downgrade.

My XP boxes are solid as a rock, while my Vista ones require reinstallation for no good reason and bitch, whine and complain all the time ala http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VuqZ8AqmLPY

Don't get me wrong I am not a Mac fan, in fact I dispise them, but Vista does suck. Gie it another 6 months or so when SP1 comes out then it will be a much better OS.

N2Harpz

Vista is for the birds. It's like having Big Brother watching over me all the time. Too many questions and always going to the internet to check on stuff. I like to do my own checking and upgrading. I went back to XP. That's a good OS

I am hearing that soon Mac will support all MS / PC programs. Just take the ones you already have and load em up on a Mac. Can't wait.

Velocity

Vista Buisness version should be having a Service Pack release soon. As for Standard Vista, can you say Windows ME. Yukkka!!
Or how about the one I saw Windows CE + Windows ME + Windows NT =
Windows CEMENT Smart as a concrete and just as fast.

gpzjack

Spent two hours today on something i thought should be a no brainer. I have a router in the office...all computers are xp except for my new laptop. I went to print to the office printer and quickly found out that i couldn't. What a pita . I finally found the answer but i can't believe it was so difficult.

fozzyber

The main problem as I see it is windows kept it's cards so close that no one wrote any drivers for it, still no one seems to wants to write drivers for vista. I dis-like MS as much as the next guy but other companies should be picking up the ball for drivers.
Vista has been out for a while, why the hell should drivers not be out for common products is ridiculous. ie Graphtec, sign warehouse vinyl express, A new windows OS is out, maybe software/ hardware should get off there a$$ and do some coding for it.....
That being said vista is a memory HOG, RUNS SLOWER, but it is pretty.

gpzjack

my laptop has 2gigs of ram and runs pretty good. My biggest complaints are the popups every five seconds asking stuff and the problems with simple stuff like printers. Odd think is that my q60 with lxi 8 runs great on it.

GK

my laptop has 2gigs of ram and runs pretty good. My biggest complaints are the popups every five seconds asking stuff and the problems with simple stuff like printers. Odd think is that my q60 with lxi 8 runs great on it.

you do know you can disable those messages right?

Open up Control Panel, and type in user account into the search box. You'll see the link for "Turn User Account Control (UAC) on or off". Click it. Uncheck the box, and reboot your computer.

Control Panel, go to the Security Center. On the left hand side, click the "Change the way Security Center alerts me" and choose "Don't notify me and don't display the icon (not recommended)" as shown.

As long as you are running a decent internet security app you should be fine. There are so many security holes in vista anyway it really doesn't matter if you keep this on or not.