• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Downgrading Rasterlink Software?

Vinylman

I am looking for ANYONE who has successfully downgraded their PRINT DRIVER software, to load Mimaki printer software that is at OR below print driver 2.2.

MIMAKI JV 33 Print Driver SOFTWARE

I am replacing the printer MAIN PCB, and it came pre-confiqured with system 4.75. I have been using 2.20 for over 4 years because it allows me to use Epson® print heads from certain desktop printers rather than the $2000 print heads that Mimaki and others have to pay.
With this new main PCB, I can no longer use the "older" style print heads.

Has ANYONE successfully down graded their software? If you have, can you share with me [and others] a CLEAR STEP by STEP process to get this accomplished without crashing my system??

Your help is GREATLY APPRECIATED!

Last edited:

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Rasterlink isn't what controls what heads you can use. The printer firmware is. All new main boards come with a version of the firmware that prevents you from using the other heads and have safe guards to prevent you from downgrading. You used to be able to downgrade but not anymore.

Vinylman

Rasterlink isn't what controls what heads you can use. The printer firmware is. All new main boards come with a version of the firmware that prevents you from using the other heads and have safe guards to prevent you from downgrading. You used to be able to downgrade but not anymore.
Thank you for correcting my request.
You are correct in the fact that I am looking for down grading the PRINTER FIRMWARE:
However, I believe there IS a way to do this. I just would appreciate it if someone who either works on these machines, OR has hands on experience doing this could/would list the STEP by STEP proceedure.

{ I have received the software from DigiPrint®. and the Japaneses instructions.} My concern, is the difficulty in following the "houcky" language in the printed instructions.

Thanks again for your reply.

Last edited:

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Thank you for correcting my request.
You are correct in the fact that I am looking for down grading the PRINTER FIRMWARE:
However, I believe there IS a way to do this. I just would appreciate it if someone who either works on these machines, OR has hands on experience doing this could/would list the STEP by STEP proceedure.

Thanks again for your reply.

I have worked on these machines for almost 9 years. I have downgraded the firmware on machines before for the exact same reason you are. You can't do it with the new boards.

I am looking for ANYONE who has successfully downgraded their PRINT DRIVER software, to load Mimaki printer software that is at OR below print driver 2.2.

MIMAKI JV 33 Print Driver SOFTWARE

I am replacing the printer MAIN PCB, and it came pre-confiqured with system 4.75. I have been using 2.20 for over 4 years because it allows me to use Epson® print heads from certain desktop printers rather than the $2000 print heads that Mimaki and others have to pay.
With this new main PCB, I can no longer use the "older" style print heads.

Has ANYONE successfully down graded their software? If you have, can you share with me [and others] a CLEAR STEP by STEP process to get this accomplished without crashing my system??

Your help is GREATLY APPRECIATED!

Hi Vinylman,

Could you please send me your contact details or order number? Our engineer will be pleased to help you sort this out. Have a nice day!

The DIGIPRINT SUPPLIES team.