Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Downsaving

Discussion in 'Corel' started by CanuckSigns, Aug 14, 2020.

1. CanuckSigns

CanuckSigns Very Active Member

Nov 11, 2008
    Ontario
    Can anyone downsave a .cdr file from version 22 to version 18 for me? Client did a layout with the free trial but it's expired and they can't open it.

I would install the trial myself but I've had issues in the past when uninstalling causes issues with my older version.

I can email the file over

TIA

Tags:
  2. Ian Stewart-Koster

Ian Stewart-Koster Active Member

Sep 27, 2003
    Qld, Australia
    I'd be getting the client to fix their own problem...
    How complex is it that you can't recreate it from a basic idea?

3. WildWestDesigns

WildWestDesigns Major Contributor

Sep 27, 2010
    Try opening it up with Inkscape, that has been my go to for CDR files of late. No promises, but if isn't a very "sophisticated" file, it may be fine with Inkscape. Just make sure that you use the 1.0 release and I would do the portable one (it may be called binary archive), just in case it doesn't work, it's just delete the root folder and that's it. No traditional installer, so no issues with uninstalling.

Otherwise, either replicate the general idea (I don't know how up for that charge that they would be for since it sounds like they were trying to do the artwork on the cheap as it is) or tell your customer to handle it in some way on their end and then come back. Unless, you just bite the bullet and update Corel.

4. Lindsey

Lindsey Not A New Member

Jan 17, 2013
    Canada
    Not sure if this helps...but I have 2019 and could give it a try.

5. Big Rice Field

Big Rice Field Electrical/Architectural Sign Designer

Feb 24, 2012
    Phoenix, AZ USA
    I have version 22 and I can downconvert it for you. send file to matthewbkota@gmail.com