• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Drawing Ink Thru Lines

hanother

Hello, my first post yippee!

I have a question for the experts on my SP300V,

I have experienced drop-out on the black portion of the print head. Black only, I replaced caps & dampers. My question is: I can pull cyan thru easily with syringe but the black trickles out. I had to plug the cyan line so it only pulls black. I pulled the line from the black damper and tried drawing ink taking the head out the mix with the same results, it seems to just trickle out.

Is it possibly the line? can/should I blow compressed air thru the line?

Has anyone had an issue with the cartridge plugin system causing ink starvation on these?

Thanks All,

We've had the same issue occasionally with the EcoUV ink. We've usually had success replacing the ink cartridge with a cleaning cartridge and very slowly pulling cleaning fluid thru the damper until the fluid flows clean and the damper screen is clear. It doesn't take much of a clog in the dampers for print issues to show up. At that point we replace the ink cartridge and pull ink into the damper again. Reassemble, do a cleaning or two, a test print and away we go.

Double Diamond

We had this problem with the cyan. It was probably the after market ink. We suctioned some ink and would be fine for a few days, but the problem became more consistant. We flushed the line and still had problems. After using a roland ink cartridge... the problem went away. I feel the large amount of ink disolved this clog... I dunno. We now alternate between the solaris and roland on the cyan and will have to start doing this with the black because it's giving us problems now. Hope this helps... Joe

LiqueColor

Try taking a small paper clip and insert the end into the rubber bung at the end of the black cartridge.

In some instances, the needle on the machine does not fully penetrate the bung on the cartridge.

I have seen this happen on some of the older machines.

Do not use compressed air. You will blow out the o-rings on the line if you are not careful.

Martin Rizzo
mrizzo@liquecolor.com

hanother

I'm still drawing a lot of bubbles, I'm going to get a stethoscope (thanks Artbot) I'm starting to think possibly a cracked manifold on the black. I can hear it sucking air but can't pinpoint it.

Robert M

Cap tops

Make sure that your cap tops are coming up and hitting the head to create the needed seal. If you have the tech manual i think it is in there. I have manifolds if you need them.
www.solventinkjet.com