• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Drawn Lines and Borders won't show up on cut plot screen

SW101

Hi guys I Flexistarter 10 for cutting software and for now I use inkscape as my design software. I created a sign that is going to be used on a magnet for a guy, in inkscape which consisted of some text, to inserted pictures and a border with a line going through the middle of it that I drew up simply using the rectangle and line functions in inkscape.
When I import to Flexi it all looks great so then I go to my cut plot screen and everything looks great except for the border and line that I added, it does not show up.
I went ahead and tried to cut it thinking that it might still cut and it cut everything but the border and the line that I created.
What am I doing wrong?
I even tried recreating the border and line in flexi over top of the rest of the plot and still it would not show up on the plot/cut screen.
These things are supposed to be done soon and I'm at the end of my rope of what to do, and yet I know it has to be something simple.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.:notworthy:

OldPaint

what plotter are you using? how is it connected to the computer? do you understand VECTOR & BITMAPS? seems to me you are not really ready for production work.
#1, i looked at INKSCAPE. iam long time vinyl cuter and a long time COREL user and i cut from COREL..............so INKSCAPE from what i see of it is NOT A PRODUCTION CAPABLE PROGRAM. this is your 1st problem. you got FLEXI STARTER, why not stay in that?

SW101

Zencut black is my machine. And you are right I have only been at this for about two months and I still have a lot to learn which is part of the reason I thought this would be a good forum to join. The reason I design in inkscape is because flexi starter really doesn't allow me to do anything but create basic text and shapes and add vector images. In inkscape I can draw and manipulate my text and shapes and what not and I have always been able to simply import to flexi and cut. This issue really isn't with the importing, it is simply being able to plot free hand objects, and at the moment I am doing something wrong to where flexi won't allow me to plot the freehand stuff.

OldPaint

for little money you could buy COREL X4 or COREL X5 and get a decent, consistent DESIGN PROGRAM. and ive never heard of that plotter. ive seen COREL X5 on ebay for $59.00.