• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Dreaded xls file........

moonrakercat

I'm a small sign shop - and a customer has sent me a xls file with some graphics and tons of small text in umpteen paragraphs that spans multiple cells in an xls document - he wants a large format printout of it.

Ack.

I work with coreldraw x5 - I've tried exporting the xls file to a pdf - it comes out with 44 pages that I have to import 1 page at a time into corel and recreate the document formatting. I've tried shrinking the xls document down to fit into 1 xls cell and exporting it that way to a single pdf sheet and importing that into corel - problem is the text gets so small it looses formatting - so no good there.

Anyone have any suggestions regarding xls files and printing them ?? Or importing into corel or other programs - I use Versaworks for my printing and it won't import the xls file.

I'm no expert with excel.

Any help is appreciated.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Try selecting all and then copy. When you go to paste it, use ctrl + shift + v and it should paste without formatting. Then you should be able to manipulate the text like normal.

ColorCrest

All around shop helper.
Anyone have any suggestions regarding xls files and printing them ??

Define a large format page size in Adobe Acrobat printer driver (or others), 40x60 inches for example, and save the new page size in something like “Manage Custom Sizes.” The new page size should then be available as a print / page option in Excel (and others) when printing to PDF.

I hope this helps.

We accept only jpeg, tif, png, psd, psb, eps, pdf, ai, cdr, and svg files for that reason. We will accept Word and Excel documents, but only for text for brochures and things like that.

dale911

President
If you are going to rebuild it, use the shipping tool in the accessories folder. Snip the screenshot and import it into Corel so you can use it as s template to rebuild it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mbasch

When saving PDF choose "fit on 1 page wide by 1 page tall" This will force it all to a single doc.