• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Dreamscape printable wallcoverings

Good luck!

Hi Gamefuel -

Good luck! We've struggled for the last year on printing wall paper - we are a fine art printing company as well as a sign and graphics company so wall coverings made sense for our business plan. To date I've spent hundreds of hours, bought five (5) or six (6) different medias to try on several different machines. We've never had luck on our GS6000s or S70670s with any wall covering other than Fibermark Digiscape Canvas - and just so you know NO ONE WANTS THAT WALL COVERING (I wish someone had told me that before I spent time and money making that work).

If you want to get into the wall paper game you ned to look at a commercial type wall covering that is fire rated and stuff like that. The big guys are (as you mentioned) Dreamscape and Korographics, I've been unsuccessful in getting them to run on the Solvent printers and from my readings on line no one else has had much success either. We ended up buying an HP L360 because we were told (and I've read on this forum) that the wall coverings print nicely on that machine - it's a bunch of bull!!! We are now trying to sell the L360 - because it has become abundantly clear, if you really want to print wall paper the best way to do it is with a UV printer! We are in the process of buying either a CET Q5-1000H or a HP FB750. Not sure which direction we will go but I'd bet the CET - because it's less expensive and gives us a larger printing width. Until we get our UV printer, we've been selling wall murals on IJ40 - not really the same thing but it's been working for us!

Hope that helps, best of luck!

DS-MATT

ProColorGraphics

I disagree with the printing of Dreamscape on a L360. I am constantly printing off rolls of the Dreamscape Mystical on my HP L360. It works great for me! I know the stuff I had to match was done on a strong solvent Mimaki, so I know that ink is possible as well.

a77

For those of us who haven't tried... what's the big problem printing wall coverings with eco-solvent (besides scratching)?

gabagoo

I used to have a customer who had me run quite a few rolls for one of his clients and the heat settings are sort of backwards to printing on vinyl ( mimaki jv3) you print at a higher heat setting than the pre heat. I found because of the texture and the fact that it is paper, the prints always looked good.

ProColorGraphics

Hi Gamefuel -

Good luck! We've struggled for the last year on printing wall paper - we are a fine art printing company as well as a sign and graphics company so wall coverings made sense for our business plan. To date I've spent hundreds of hours, bought five (5) or six (6) different medias to try on several different machines. We've never had luck on our GS6000s or S70670s with any wall covering other than Fibermark Digiscape Canvas - and just so you know NO ONE WANTS THAT WALL COVERING (I wish someone had told me that before I spent time and money making that work).

If you want to get into the wall paper game you ned to look at a commercial type wall covering that is fire rated and stuff like that. The big guys are (as you mentioned) Dreamscape and Korographics, I've been unsuccessful in getting them to run on the Solvent printers and from my readings on line no one else has had much success either. We ended up buying an HP L360 because we were told (and I've read on this forum) that the wall coverings print nicely on that machine - it's a bunch of bull!!! We are now trying to sell the L360 - because it has become abundantly clear, if you really want to print wall paper the best way to do it is with a UV printer! We are in the process of buying either a CET Q5-1000H or a HP FB750. Not sure which direction we will go but I'd bet the CET - because it's less expensive and gives us a larger printing width. Until we get our UV printer, we've been selling wall murals on IJ40 - not really the same thing but it's been working for us!

Hope that helps, best of luck!

DS-MATT

What are you asking for your L360?

What are you asking for your L360?

Hi ProColorGraphics -

I paid for it $18,000.00 (plus freight back in December 2014 - it was installed in our shop in January 2015) - so If I can get 12-14K back I'd be happy. Where are you located? I'm in Seattle, WA.

I forgot I had to pay for freight and install - so I'd like to get $14000.00 - that's why I've updated this post.

ProColorGraphics

Hi ProColorGraphics -

I paid for it $18,000.00 (plus freight back in December 2014 - it was installed in our shop in January 2015) - so If I can get 12-14K back I'd be happy. Where are you located? I'm in Seattle, WA.

Hmmm. I am in the middle of MN, about 2 hours west of Minneapolis.
Who did you buy yours from? I bought mine in December and paid $18k with shipping and install.

sorry for being a :thread

Hmmm. I am in the middle of MN, about 2 hours west of Minneapolis.
Who did you buy yours from? I bought mine in December and paid $18k with shipping and install.

sorry for being a :thread

Hi ProColor Graphics, I bought my printer for the following:
EQHP B4H70A - 64" Latex Printer1$17,996.85$17,996.85
cI-i4WiDUBif7sw-TavAtv78HNxG5BXPjJsMwAdR_JMQiqnaim53b-Ql0E5y8w_voEaJa9ANb70aQewfUtBvI64c3NEGvqg=s0-d-e1-ft
PRICING ABOVE EXPIRES 12-31-14The above pricing has a $1000 rebate taken off the BASE PRICE of $18996.25. This $1000.00 rebate will be handled by SGP. This $1000.00 rebate can be earned by atttending an HP Latex Lunch and Learn, here you will be given access to a $1000.00 rebate attached to a LOI form. The second way would be to decommission a qualifying aqueous, solvent, or latex device by turning in the mother board of that device. This also would earn one a $1000.00 Trade-In Rebate. Only one rebate can be used. Without one of these two options being met the printer will cost $18,996.25.1$0.00$0.00
INCLUDEDThe above pricing includes one full set of ink, one set of print heads, and freight in from HP.1$0.00$0.00
INSTALLATION AND TRAININGTo be completed by a SGP, HP certified, technician.1$0.00$0.00
WARRANTYThere is a one year parts and labor warranty serviced by HP.1$0.00$0.00
SALES TAXApplicable WA state sales tax will appear on the final invoice. SGP will accept a WA State Mfg. Sales and Use Tax Exemption Form,1$0.00$0.00
RIPAn understanding of your RIP environment will need to be reviewed to insure you have a Thrive permission for this device.1$0.00$0.00
Sub-Total:$17,996.85
Sales Tax: (0%)$0.00
*Estimated Shipping:$0.00
Installation:$750.00
Grand-Total:$18,746.85

Plus freight - which I'm not sure what that was, it was $18,000.00 for just the machine - maybe who you bought yours from a dealer who ended up doing a free install and free shipping but the machine wasn't allowed to be sold for less than $17,996.85 per HP's distributor network pricing agreement. When I got a quote from Grimco in Seattle they were $2000.00 more for the machine alone - not including freight and install.

mattcook8150

Answers on Dreamscapes

Anyone used textured wall paper on the GS6000 or the S70670? Somthing new we are looking into trying.

@Gamefuel - i work for one of the larger distributors of Dreamscapes products in the country and am more than happy to help you with this if you'd like. We're also an Epson dealer and can help walk you through settings, etc. Do not worry - i'm not trying to sell you something, but please feel free to PM me if you have any questions...i'm happy to help.

klmjff

I disagree with the printing of Dreamscape on a L360. I am constantly printing off rolls of the Dreamscape Mystical on my HP L360. It works great for me! I know the stuff I had to match was done on a strong solvent Mimaki, so I know that ink is possible as well.

Agree completely! We have a 360 that prints Dreamscape Suede no problem.

Sounds like a little training and you might get better results.

Good Luck!